iphone 3g/gs sim card help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pker886, Apr 27, 2010.

1. pker886 macrumors member

I have 2 iphone 3g that's not unlock, and i don't have a att sim card. Is there a way to test those iphone and see if the sim card reader or service dose work? Is there any att prepaid sim card work for iphone 3g, if it dose have and how dose it work.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, any AT&T simcard will work in them. Prepaid also.
    What do you need to do though? Just to see if they're working?
    If they're not unlocked they wont work with any other sims. And if they have been updated to 3.1.3 firmware you will not be able to unlock them.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

As long as the SIM card you insert is an AT&T SIM, you should be fine. Prepaid or not, it'll work. If it doesn't with either, then take the phone to Apple.

4. pker886 thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks for the inforamtion, because i tried to use my friend's att sim card and it's not working for my iphones... The sim card don't have the date plan, so i want to know if the prepaid sim card work for my iphone.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, any valid AT&T simcard will activate an iphone. It doesnt have to have a data plan or anything. Even prepaid.
    Restore and then plug it to itunes with the AT&T simcard in and it should activate fine.

6. pker886 thread starter macrumors member

yes i know that... but after it's activte than show up No Service, you know is there any prepaid card i can use the iphone to make call and receive call from other?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Once its activated it can still only be used with an AT&T simcard.
    Make sure the prepaid sim hasnt been using on another phone thus leaving it locked to be used for 6 months on that old cellphone only.