iphone 3g home button not working help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pker886, Apr 26, 2010.

1. pker886 macrumors member

I have a iphone 3g everything works but home button, it was runing on firmware 3.1.2 and unlcoked with blackrain.

well this is the problem, it turn on and go to home page screen. but the home button is not working at all. But eveytime i connect the usb cable and turn on it go to recovery mode and i have to use blackrain to get it work. But if i don't have the usb cable connect than it will start up fine as other iphone and home button is not working after uploaded up. Also it dose go to dfu method, i hold the home button and power button at the sametime the phone will go off. I have hold the power and home button for 10 seconds and home button for another 10 seonds than the itunes will pop up...

Anyone know the problem with my iphone and how to fix it?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Hard to tell. You say the home button doesn't work, but then you say it works to get you in DFU mode (which requires the home button to work). So, which is it? Worky or no worky?

4. pker886 thread starter macrumors member

I don't know if it have water damage or not. Well like i said when it use to DFU mode it works and when i hold power and home button together and it will turn off without using screen to unlock turn off.... but it's not working when it's ok home screen or other.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Check to see if the moist sensors turned pink or red.

6. pker886 thread starter macrumors member

they are normal it's not pink or red.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you try doing a restore?
    Its weird to work while trying to put in DFU but not work other times.

8. pker886 thread starter macrumors member

I have restore and still not working

9. con500 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Sorry this is not a fix but could be a temporary solution...if ur phone is J/B there is a toggle for sbsettings that acts as your home button would, in fact the description reads.. "for devices with broken home button"
    may be if some help if all else fails

10. pker886 thread starter macrumors member

i'm srry but i don't understand what you're trying to said... what's for devices with broken home button?

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

J/B = Jailbroken. If you're jailbroke, you can get SBSettings and add a toggle for the home button.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

He was saying that if your iphone is jailbroken you can install a software button that would act as if you pressed the home button.
    You can also send it in to a place and have the home button repaired.

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Then take it to Apple.

14. con500 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Ye, sorry if it wasnt very clear from my post but as above has said if you are using a Jailbroken device you could download (via cydia) Sbsettings which has a set of toggles to quickly turn on or off features (ie: wifi, location services, bluetooth etc) without actually having to enter into the iphone settings app.

The home button toggle is an addon for sbsettings (downloaded seperatly) which will act just as your home button does with just swiping the screen in any app to bring up the toggle. eg: flick the toggle to exit the app & go back to springboard

Hope im making sense ;)