iPhone 3G "waiters" Support Group...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtrctyjoe, Apr 30, 2008.

1. mtrctyjoe macrumors 6502

mtrctyjoe

There must be others like me out there… people who have been waiting since January 2007 for an iPhone with 3G and proper GPS. Call me what you will, but I am going insane waiting…. Literally Looney Tunes. I have ran out of ways to cope with the reality that I might have to wait for 2 more months… maybe longer….. maybe forever. If there are others like me….and I know there must be….please tell me how you are coping with this difficult antagonizing situation. This is a cry for help

2. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

My name with wildcardd and I am a 3G iPhone addict.
    "Hello wildcardd"

In my waiting, I ended up buying a Touch. Although I don't know if I would recommend this for everyone because it made me want to buy an iPhone even more. Luckily for me, I have been on Verizon for the past year so I didn't have an opportunity to buy a 2.5G phone.

My contract was up at the end of March, I bought a 16gb iPhone. As soon as I did that, I began hearing about the soon to be released 3G phone. So I returned it (I hadn't even broken the shrink wrap yet). It was a difficult decision on my part and took a lot to return it. In the long run, I know it will be worth the few months wait.

Hang in there buddy!

3. sananda macrumors 68020

hello, my name is sananda.

i've sold my iphone in anticipation of the 3G iphone. i got used to my iphone and now i don't like being without it. i have £355 but no iphone :(

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

5. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

I am waiting for the 3G iPhone and yes, I am a Big Doofy™.

6. red41 macrumors regular

You can mark me down in the waiting group. There is a moment in just about everyday that I think how if I had an iphone I could just look this up. The "internet" on the Verizon phone I have right now just doesn't cut it.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'm with you. I've been using an (admittedly okay) Samsung a727 in the meanwhile (although anything's an improvement coming from a Verizon RAZR), but the closer the potential announcement comes, the antsier I'm getting.

DELIVER US!

8. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

My name is "SFC Archer" and I am an iPhone aholic

I can not go anywhere without it. It controls my everyday life and directs me what I can and can't do. I have nightmares of Treo's chasing me down the street trying to get me back. If I forget my iPhone at home, I turn around and go get "precious" even if I will be late for work. 3G is overrated but I can't stop searching for what else is coming and anxiously pace back and forth waiting for the App Store...you guys better do some good stuff!

I am an iPhone aholic...help :cool:

9. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

I bought a 16GB iPhone.:cool:

10. impact_blue macrumors regular

Considering that the AT&T could be selling it at $199 with all the bells and whistles, I think it's worth the wait :D

And i've been outta contract from Verizon since Feb 07, not nesscessarily waiting for the 3G iphone, but something similar to it on the VZW network. Thank God I didn't jump on the Voyager, but now Verizon is coming out with the Glyde and the LG Dare. If the 3G Iphone is worth more than the hype than I wont hesitate to pull the trigger :)

11. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

So I have a question: What will everyone do if there isn't a 3G release/update in June? Will you settle for the 16gb or keep waiting?

12. stlwx21 macrumors member

Eagerly awaiting the 3G iPhone. I will be an early adopter on iPhone 2.0

13. parham55 macrumors member

i'll be waiting for 3G regardless of time period. I deal with the wait by looking at all the rumor sites about every minute. It is painful but will be worth the wait in the end.

14. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I am also addicted. I constantly check macrumors and gizmodo hoping to see something that has to do with 3G.

I don't understand how some of you are saying it is coming out in fall. I guess some of you are blind and don't see that it is being produced and 3 million are supposed to arrive in June. So is Apple supposed to just let them sit there until the fall? I would really like to know why people are saying a fall release.

15. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Reasons can be debated for days, months and years but for some the reasons may go something like this:

1) 10 million units to sell by end of the year...how can we sell the most units and still not have left over stock of a discontinued model?

a. Create a 16 gig model that will appeal to those that are concerned about the release of upcoming 3rd party apps and space and to those that have hugh media needs. No one is talking about a shortage of these currently so you come to Jun and the release of App Store...but no Gen 2 iPhone because NO ONE from Apple said June...only rumors. So now all go out and buy up all the remaining stock of 8 gig/16 gig because there is no new phone yet and the App Store hype is overwhelming and everyone is talking about it. Accounts for another 1-2 million units of the remaining stock.

b. Now you have reached approx 7 million units sold and have 5 months left. You do not want alot of terminated stock on hand so you "annonce" the 2nd Generation iPhone in June and what it will be coming with and when it will be released. Come fall the population is focused on holiday shopping and the new iPhone fever is overwhelming and BOOM the release day comes, and those 3 million phones FLY off the shelves...Apple has made its 10 million goal, everyone has a new iPhone the App Store newness has worn off to be replaced by the new phone and you reach your goals and then some. Apple is happy, Stockholders are happy, iPhone users are now happy and everyone has a MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Just a possible scenario to answer your question...and it is just as feasable as any other rumor out there IMO...NO ONE will know for sure until the real day comes...no one! You can spout all the rumors you want and speculate until your blue in the face but in the end...its all rumor! Look at how many different religions there are from one BOOK and now you have everyone and their brother speculating what will be. Hmmm....I guess we will just have to continue with our IA meetings!

16. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Thanks for your reponse, I could see what you mean. I guess me just seeing june this june that is leadin me to stick to my june belief and just hope it's true lol.

17. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

I too have been waiting. Ever since last June. I am on AT&T, but I decided it would be a better investment if I waited to get the 3g+GPS iphone. Almost a WHOLE year! :eek: I am gonna keep waiting, because I know that it will be worth every second waited! :D

Justin

18. newyorksole macrumors 68030

What do you guys think are the chances of the next iPhone releasing with MMs and other apps on there? I would love to see some new stuff on there. But I guess it wouldn't matter because of this beautiful apps store.

I guess I am just so excited I am saying whatever comes to mind haha.

I don't think people understand what the apps store/sdk means !!!!

19. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Hi I'm Jav6454, I currently have an iPhone and have made for myself an iFund which is basically a fund when 3G comes out. It [iFund] meets the current 8GB model price and is shy of reaching the 16GB model price. If 3G comes around my iFund will go back down to $0.

Help me, I'm an iChoholic.

20. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i cant wait! :-D sold my old iphone after 8 months then went and brought one at 169 couldnt help it :rolleyes: BRING IT ON!

21. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I too am addicted to the unofficial, yet to be announced, rumored 3G iPhone. I have several sites set up in Google Reader and I scan the list constantly for "iPhone". I also have a Google Alert for "iPhone". Of course, I fully understand that everything I read is a rumor until Steve takes the stage but I just can't get enough.

The moment it is available I'll run to my local AT&T dealer to get my fix.

22. bpa1093 macrumors member

I'm waiting, also.... I've been going to the local apple store at least once a week to check out the current iphone. I also must have watched all three keynotes (MW 07, MW 08, SDK 08) at least fifty times each. I know I am a nerd....:rolleyes:

23. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Well, I think the Fall because I don't see Apple releasing the 2nd Gen iPhone at the WWDC or anytime in June. That event is all about developing, and the crown jewel is firmware 2.0. Like another poster replied, i feel that they want to ride the wave of sales that 2.0 will bring, and when that begins to subside, they announce the new iPhone and cruise into the holidays and smash their goal of 10 million iPhones.

I could see them announcing it at the most, but they won't want to cannibalize sales. When the first iPhone was announced, it was 6 months before it hit the stores. Not to mention there has been no word of FCC licensing, which is public record, and needs to be initiated well before the release of a device.

I'm just going on gut and the speculation of folks in the Mac community that I trust...

24. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

Dead iPod

:(:mad: My iPod just died one me… now want a new one but waiting for apple to release the iphone…

25. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

I'm in the same boat, but I've only been waiting since early last month when my Vzn contract expired. I would have picked up a 16GB iPhone, but with the buzz about a June launch so loud and growing seemingly daily, I decided to wait. It's a definite drag though, I'd love to be using one now, but the speed gains of 3G are worth waiting for (especially as I live in an area with good 3G coverage and few wifi hotspots).

What will really suck is if June comes and goes without a new iPhone. By that point I'll have waited 3 months. Do I keep waiting? Or just cut my losses and buy one then. *sigh*

I really hope it's June.