iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigbro1096, Dec 31, 2010.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Do you think Apple or At&t still sell the iPhone 3G as I would love to buy one to play with, hack, or even mod. Thanks for your help!

2. celticpride678

Nope. Going to have to get one on eBay if you want it.

3. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, they are asking $200+ for just the iPhone so now instead I have another question. Is there a way I could get a Refurb 3GS that has a blemish unsubsidized as I want to use it as a iPod touch that I can Hack and junk

4. wordoflife, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

They might sell a refurbished one on AT&T's website; however, you will be required to sign a 2 year contract to get it at the discounted price AT&T would sell it at, or pay full price for it (could easily be up in the $400-$500 range).

I'm not sure, you'd have to call AT&T for that. I'm not sure if they'll sell it to you. If you plan on using it as an iPod Touch, you might just want to buy an iPod Touch. They have much more features/speed than that iPhone you are looking at. It should easily pull all of those hacks/themes/mods with the A4 processor it has.

I've always wanted to jailbreak the fastest iOS device available but when I had the latest, I never wanted to jailbreak. Man ... think of all those addons and things I can add to a new iPod Touch without slowing it down (unlike my iPod Touch 8GB 2g/3g).

Looking at your signature, you're 14? Me too :D
    I also see you have a 3GS, iP4 and iPT2. Why not jailbreak on those devices?

5. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

The only way to get an iPhone is with a contract or off eBay.

Not sure what you're asking here.

6. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for everyones help. I was searching for a iPhone 3G to hack and junk because my old 3G I took a part and ripped everything out of it. Oh well