iPhone 3GS Bricked. (Error 1015)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheSalv, Sep 3, 2011.

1. TheSalv macrumors newbie

I had my iPhone 3GS jailbroken, for some reason one day oblvious to the fact that i wouldn't be able to restore it fully, i decided to restore it in iTunes. I soon learned this was a terrible idea as i got the error 1015. (Note that i don't know my baseband as i can't access my iPhone anymore) My iPhone now just sits on the screen with the iTunes logo. I searched for a number of methods on how to restore it to it's original state. I've tried iRecovery, which whenever i try to start it up, immediately closes down. I've tried downloading older versions of firmware online and tried to install it on my iPhone with iTunes, with no luck of course. I've tried installing redsn0w and trying to recover using that, however whenever i it tell's me to put my iPhone into DFU mode, it say's that i've misunderstood the instructions, even though i've tried this over 15-20 times and i know i'm doing it right.

If anyone has ANY kind of information, it would be greatly appreciated, because honestly i'm stuck on ideas on what to try next :(

2. Darwing macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5302b Safari/7534.48.3)

It's not bricked and just search that error online it's easy to fix

3. TheSalv thread starter macrumors newbie

Trust me, i've searched everywhere for the past 3 days. I can't find any other way to get it working that i haven't tried.

4. labman, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

Here I'll search for you to make it easy. Honestly I have a hard time believing you searched to hard.
    http://tinyurl.com/3vuvm7n

if the links don't work i'll offer $50 for your bricked iPhone

5. black iphone macrumors newbie

Use redsn0w to put it into pwned dfu mode. Then restore it with a custom ipsw.

6. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It's not bricked. Also, was this iPhone unlocked before?

9. mattag3 macrumors newbie

hey so last night I didn't realize that I updated my unlocked, jailbroken iPhone 3G so I ended up getting the Error 15

I've also tried everything to get it out of recovery mode.

Every single youtube tutorial or google search that I've seen and done require me to be able to "shift-restore" on iTunes. However, these videos are outdated as you can't do this anymore on iTunes10.

I really need to fix this and I tried RecBoot and that didn't work either.

Does anyone have any idea how to help me out??

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

What did this iPhone have before?

11. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same situation. The 3GS I'm working on was jailbroken/unlocked before on 4.3.1, now it's giving a 1015 error even in Pwned DFU mode.

I've tried all the suggestions on google to no avail.

12. kbfr08 macrumors 6502

$50?? Sell it on ebay, and he'll get like $200 via bidding

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

was a joke...

14. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

:p

15. Skengman macrumors member

Skengman

I just got another second hand 3GS and I'm having a similar issue to this. It was on 4.3.5 originally, so I tried to downgrade to 4.3.3 so I could jailbreak it untethered.

As soon as I tried to restore to the 4.3.3 ipsw I got this error, and now I get it even when trying to restore to 4.3.5.

The phone is now stuck in recovery mode, I've tried iRecovery, iReb, redsn0w, fixrecovery, TinyUmbrella, followed various youtube instructionals, redmond pie, ihackintosh, this thread etc etc and no joy. I can't get it into DFU mode any more either, it looks like it's going in and then it shuts down and restarts back into recovery mode.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm completely stuck.