Resolved iPhone 3GS Impossible Unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zirosky, Mar 22, 2013.

1. zirosky, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013

zirosky macrumors regular

Hello,

I have a problem and since I'm not used to jailbreak iPhones, I prefer to ask you. I bought an used iPhone 3GS 16Gb blocked with carrier Orange France (baseband 06.15.00) and unfortunately updated to iOS 6.1.3. The problem is that I can't activate it on the initial setup, even with its original sim card. With the redsn0w iOs 6.1.3 tethered Jailbreak, I have been able to skip the first setup deleting with iExplorer the "Setup" folder. I have been even at Genius Bar but they told me that there must be a problem with the motherboard that is not able to connect to Apple Servers and they suggested me to pay 149e to get another iPhone 3GS (but i refused). My question is, can I by-pass this activation problem with hacktivation? What is exactly hacktivation? Will like that my phone work or to work it must be activated with Apple?!

thank you

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Iclarified has all the required tutorials

First of al check if there are any SHSH/blobs save for the 3GS.

Use TinyUmbrella to check on that.

If you have SHSH blobs for any 6.x lower than 6.1.3 downgrade to that to get a untethered JB with hactivation, use redsn0w 09.15B3 for that.

If that doesn't work yo can do a tethered JB with hactivation on 6.1.3. use redsn0w 09.15b3

Also you can downgrade the 06.15.0 BB to 05.13.04 BB to get back full GPS functionality, use redsn0w 09.14b1 for that and this tutorial:http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=22653

3. zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you!

Ok, with TinyUmbrella I found out that I do not have any SHSH/blob saved.

I already did the tethered JB but how i can hactivate?! What's that?

Why I should downgrade the baseband?! My baseband is already compatible with Ultrasn0w (and I even tryed to use ultrasn0w but nothing happened)

4. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

because that baseband you have is an iPad baseband and it messes up the GPS... if you don't care bout GPS, geolocation services, google maps whatever then leave it like that he was just trying to make your life easier...also having an ipad baseband will be a pain in the ass for future updates the other propper baseband is unlockable as well I believe

my own advice is to get an IMEI unlock by the way (in case you don't know its an official apple unlock with no software/hardware tricks) they're cheap nowadays and the phone will be officially unlocked forever try google for that (avoid officialunlock.co.uk)

5. zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

Ok but right now if I use Maps the geolocation works well...

For the second part, I even asked ORange Fr to unlock it for free (in France it is free an dlegal to unlock the phone by carrier after 3 months) but nothing changed so I guess that the unlock comes from a link between the phone and apple servers, but that link is not working (same as for activation)...

Anyway I follow the guide and tried to downgrade the BB the process was ok but when it finished, if I go in info, general the BB is still 06.15...

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Maps only works on 3g or wifi, gps is disabled.

The OFrance unlock will not attach because of the ipad BB.

If the already unlocked it for you, than downgrading the BB will solve all your problems, follow the instruction exactly.
    It may take seversl tries.

Once on 05.13.04 BB the phone should automatically activated if it is unlicked by OFrance.

7. zirosky, Mar 22, 2013

zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! Now I have the BB 05.13.04, I "just boot" the iPhone with redsn0w, but when I inser my sim it still tell me "no service". So what to do next? I try that:http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253 (it will work on ios 6.1.3?!) ?

8. TriJetHero, Mar 22, 2013

TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Are you sure Ofrance unlocked your phone? If so you can install SAM from Cydia, deactivate the phone in SAM and reconnect to iTunes. It should then activate automatically.
    If it doesn't work Ofrance either did not put in the unlock with Apple or it's to soon after your request.
    When it does not work with SAM be sure to reactivate with SAM before doing anything else.

If can always install ultrasn0w from cydia and it will work.

Btw you can change the title to solved :)

9. zirosky, Mar 22, 2013

I'm no more sure... Probably the seller cheated.... He said he requested the unlock one month ago :( I don't know how to use SAM

I just tried with ultrasn0w and still "no service"...

But it is not solved :s What you suggest now? :-(

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Did you reboot after ultrasn0w install.

Save your shsh for 6.1.3 with redsn0w, now restore 6.1.3 with redsn0w even more/restore to preserve your baseband, you can also do that with latest sn0wbreeze.

Sometimes a restore is needed to get it right.

11. zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I rebooted with redsn0w...

do you know a guide to do exactly that?

By the way, I really want to thank you for your huge help!

12. TriJetHero, Mar 22, 2013

TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Your initial problem is solved acttivation.

First get your shsh, in redsn0w go to Extras/Shsh blobs select fetch

Now download 6.0 and 6.1.3 IPSW

In redsn0w go to extras/select ipsw, now select the 6.0 IPSW
    Now go to extras/even more/restore select the 6.1.3 ipsw follow instruction, select remote shsh/blobs
    When asked to preserve bb select yes

13. zirosky, Mar 22, 2013

when it says "fetching blobs form device", redsn0w crush and it closes...

14. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

15. zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

ouch I am using a macintosh, ifaith is windows only...

16. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

17. zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

ok with ifaith I dump shsh , and then i continue with redsn0w?

18. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Ifaith should submit them to Cydia, you can use either sn0wbreeze or redsn0w

19. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

if you asked for this then it might not work because whenever apple tries to activate the device it fails because it errors when veryfing a valid current baseband which you don't have... I'm actually surprised itunes lets you restore it usually doesn't with modyfied baseband ipsws

..edit oh sorry well if the seller didn't got it unlocked you can buy an IMEI unlock online

20. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

With the ipad baseband that might be a problem, but he already downgraded to 05.13.04

21. zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

oh! :mad: iFaith get stuck on "upload iBec", Waiting for iPhone 3GS... i tried several times without success....!

22. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Try directly with sn0wbreese, that should preserve the BB as well.

23. zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

But i downgraded suffessfully and yes iTunes works like normal, I can sync the phone with mac as I do with my iPhone 5...

24. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

yeah it now works because you downgraded and the baseband is ok for iTunes... good luck with ultrasn0w tho'

25. zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

ultrasn0w doesn't work for me :(