iPhone 3GS Installer Crash Jailbreakme.com

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
Hello-

I have the iPhone 3GS 32GB White with the newest baseband. When I try and use jailbreakme.com, I slide the bar, and then it goes to a snow leopard background, and does nothing. If i reload the page, it says the installer crashed and to maybe try again.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

iPhonePhan

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
Apple FanBoy Land
Hello-

I have the iPhone 3GS 32GB White with the newest baseband. When I try and use jailbreakme.com, I slide the bar, and then it goes to a snow leopard background, and does nothing. If i reload the page, it says the installer crashed and to maybe try again.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
I've got the same specs and same problem. I'm on 4.0.1 too.

Anyone have any ideas?

Solowalker

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
I have 3GS on 4.0.1 where Safari is actually crashing when it tries to run the jailbreak. Downloads the "PDF" fine, but as soon as it gets to the "Sit Tight" message it crashes. Also tried downloading the PDF on my computer and emailing it. Crashes mail. This was a fresh restore, then after the jailbreak didn't work I restored from a backup. Still no go. Any ideas?

ckurt25

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
I have 3GS on 4.0.1 where Safari is actually crashing when it tries to run the jailbreak. Downloads the "PDF" fine, but as soon as it gets to the "Sit Tight" message it crashes. Also tried downloading the PDF on my computer and emailing it. Crashes mail. This was a fresh restore, then after the jailbreak didn't work I restored from a backup. Still no go. Any ideas?
I don't even get to sit tight with my 3Gs running 4.0 :(

gil716

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010

Same here. Crashes on sit tight msg. Tried jailbreakme.com, modmyi mirror as well as downloaded PDF.

X4R17WN

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
Same for me too. I Jailbreaked my 3Gs earlyer this afternoon, under 4.0. Then i stupidly upgraded to 4.0.1, erased the jailbreak and when i tried to jailbreak again it crashed. I hope it's an overload thing that will pass..

sasquatchian

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
Same for me too. I Jailbreaked my 3Gs earlyer this afternoon, under 4.0. Then i stupidly upgraded to 4.0.1, erased the jailbreak and when i tried to jailbreak again it crashed. I hope it's an overload thing that will pass..
I did this exact same thing *facepalm*.
Here's hoping that it's a load thing and I haven't broken it permanently!

Solowalker

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
I determined it wasn't a problem with server load. Long story short, I restored again and it worked. Worked first try. Not sure what causes but a restore fixes it.

Obviously backup, make lists, etc. and restore ain't so bad.

X4R17WN

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
I restored as well, tried again few minutes ago, nothing...I believe it i broke it...

lucaya

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
says cydia installed but....

I actually see the sit tight message, but then it stops, says "cydia installed, have fun" but there's no cydia....just overload too?

buddyzer

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2004
My phone (iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1)reboots when I slide to jailbreak. I have done EVERY tip I could find on the web.

Restored as new phone
Cleared Safari (Everything)
Reset Network Settings
closed pop up....etc

Am I the only one experience this? I have jailbroke an iPad (iOS 3.2.1) & another iPhone 4 (iOS 4.0.1) with no problem. Can SOMEBODY help ME?

TaTeRisHarlem

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Jailbreakme.com crash fix

:apple: what i did that worked was RESTORE activate phone BUT DONT RESTORE FROM BACKUP set up as new run jailbreakme.com once cydias is on your phone then restore from backup,worked just fine 3 times 3 different phones.Thanks
p.s same thing works if your sync crashes while tryna put new apps on via itunes
p.p.s follow me on twitter @TaTerisHarlem :D

bamster

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
Thanks TaTeRisHarlem.

I had followed every Google hint and reset everything numerous times over the last 24hrs to no avail.

It wasn't till I followed the advice from TaTeRisHarlem by doing the restore that I finally got my iphone jailbroken. I would have tried the jailbreakme.com page over 50 times before doing the restore.

Once the iTunes restore was done, it jailbroke the first time.

buddyzer

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2004
I guess it's not ment for me to jailbreak then. I've done the restore thing and all othe ther other tips on the web MANY times only to get the exact same results. I'l wait for the next USB jailbreak then. those seem to be more reliable anyway. SIGH!

ttrtilley

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2003
Jailbreakme crashing problem

upgrading (3.0/PwnageTool401 to 3.0.1) with Jailbreakme crashed immediately after the downloading.
Perhaps PDF Loading Warner was the problem?
The following sequence worked well.
There was no need to restore as a new phone.

restore
activate
jailbreakme (got some warnings about wrong language)
Rockapp login (no backups found on first try)
Rockapp restore from backup (you are running out of disk space. Please delete some photos or videos)
iTunes restore from the backup
Rock prompts to change root and mobile passwords.
reinstall Appsync for iOS 4.0

mattyb527

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2009
You Must Restore Firmware

I have an iPhone 3GS jailbroken on 4.0. When I updated to 4.0.1 and tried to jailbreak with http://www.jailbreakme.com the installer crashed every time. I restored to firemware 4.0.1 in iTunes and it worked fine.

nobias

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Was having the same issue on 2 different 3GS and 4 different iPhone 4s. Backed up, restored to 4.0.1 on iTunes and worked fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.