Iphone 3GS stuck at Apple Logo screen !!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by siddharthsid007, May 28, 2010.

1. siddharthsid007 macrumors newbie

I had a fully functional Blackrained 3GS with the old bootrom (before the 40th week). What happened was After i installed some cydia Winterboard tweak, the phone got a little sluggish, so i restarted it, now its stuck at the apple logo screen !! I tried to DFU/Restore to 3.1.2 using official 3.1.2 firmware but apparently Apple doesnt sign 3.1.2 anymore, it gave that build error message u all must be familiar with ! I also tried to create a custom firmware through Pwnagetool on my mac and tried to restore through itunes (9.1.1), it gives error 1600. I am at a loss in this situation please help me !! Currently Im downloading an old version of itunes on my windows to try do the custom restore !!!

-Sid:confused::confused:

2. AWD iPhone macrumors member

AWD iPhone

Just connect it back to your computer and hopefully the computer detects it, then I would seriously consider running black rain again.

Once thats complete, I would upgrade to 3.1.3 and run SPIRIT and RE-jailbreak your phone.

3. siddharthsid007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Blackra1n does not recogninze my iphone cuz it doesn't get past the Apple logo screen. Could u tell me about the 3.1.3 update steps ? I stopped paying attention to all that was going on as i was happy with 3.1.2. I also need my phone to remain unlocked !! I swear im never tweaking my SBsettings again if this things gets sorted !!

4. AWD iPhone macrumors member

AWD iPhone

HAHAHA yeah, I learned not to give my phone too much meth or tweak the first jailbreak around. I think we just get excited about it and go CRAZY haha

Okay, get your phone into recovery mode, and plug that bitch into your computer and open itunes.
    Basically you are going to be restoring your iphone and upgrading to 3.1.3, and eliminating your jailbreak.
    Once thats all done, download spirit and run that to jailbreak your 3.1.3. Its EASY. OH word to the wise, back up your photos BEFORE you jailbreak with spirit. I don't know if thats fixed yet, but it will wipe your photos.
    Review:
    >get phone into recovery mode
    >>restore/upgrade to 3.1.3
    >>>boot ‘Spirit’
    >>>>>Reload photos on to phone
    >>>>>>log onto Cydia

5. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

no no no no. do not do this!
    The OP wants to keep his unlock.

siddharthsid: As you have the old bootrom you can restore using custom FW's made with Pwnage tool. this will maintain your baseband, whatever version you choose to PWN (3.1.2/3.1.3) so you can still unlock with blacksn0w.

6. siddharthsid007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im getting an error 1600 when i try to instal some custome firmware that i made from pwntool, latest version.... What should be the best way to go about this problem ? Can i upgrade to 3.1.3 and use this snowbreeze thing to unlock ?? Or more broadly can i unlock by any software after upgrading to 3.1.3 ?? I have all the ipsw downloaded and ready.. Just waiting to find out which way to go about it.

7. siddharthsid007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey ! Shud I

1) Restore using a snowbreezed 3.1.3 firmware
    2)Unlock using Blacksnow through cydia

Will this work ??

8. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Sn0wbreeze is the poor mans Pwnage, and has many bugs reported.
    Try doing a DFU restore if recovery mode fails.

9. siddharthsid007 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok..
    Ill make a custom ipsw of 3.1.3 from pwnagetool
    STEP 2 same ??

What about error 1600 ? what is it ?

10. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

i think error 1600 is a USB connection error. If it happens again, try swapping cables or USB ports.
    Step 2 yes, though you want to get blacksn0w RC2, an updated and less buggy version.

11. siddharthsid007 thread starter macrumors newbie

dude.. Im getting error 1600 everytime i try... Wat to do ?? I tried switching cables aswel, and my macbook pro has only 2 usb ports.... What is this Fuzzyband ?

12. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Have you downloaded WiFi Sync?

13. siddharthsid007 thread starter macrumors newbie

no. I dont have that. See my iphone does not boot into summerboard.. Meaning i can only see the iphone logo and it stays like that.. I can put it into DFU mode, itunes recognizes it in DFU mode, it didn't allow me to put official 3.1.2 firmware saying it is not compatible build or something.. And with custome frmwares 3.1.2/3.1.3 (snowbreezed) it gives error 1600. I need to get it back running again and i need my phone unlocked aswell otherwise i cant use it here bcoz i use another carrier which provides 3g..

14. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

DONT DO ANY OF THE ABOVE.

when i reset mine if it freezes, it can take up to 5 minutes to come back on again stuck at the apple logo.

i was also worried as it would stay at the apple screen for ages, but dont worry it will come back on. i have loads of stuff on my jailbreak so i believe the more stuff you have on there the longer it will take to reboot as it needs to load everything.

just reset it, and leave it for around 5-10 minutes and see what happens.

15. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Ah, I see. The only reason I asked was because I got that same error which was solved only when I uninstalled the computer package for WiFi Sync. It must have messed with iTunes in some manner. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

16. siddharthsid007 thread starter macrumors newbie

I let mine fully discharge.. still at that screen..... Im gonna start crying now...... :p

17. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

18. siddharthsid007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yesterday after I rebooted it, it hasnt gone to the lockscreen... It remains at the logo screen.. I let it totally discharge yesterday.. Charged it again today through wall adapter, it did show the red plug in icon.. Again still there, I can put it into DFU mode but always get a error 1600 on windows as well as mac.

19. Naethyn macrumors regular

Naethyn

Okay calm down. Your iPhone isn't connected properly. After putting your phone in DFU mode while connected to the computer, make sure that your iPhone is in a USB 2.0 port, if iTunes (Please make sure you have latest version) locates it please before you restore with a custom firmware please use the stock firmware from felixbruns or another iPhone firmware website this way your iPhone will be defaulted and not be running the boot logo.

So heres a list in order of what to do.

Make sure iTunes is up to date
    Make sure you have a stock 3.1.2 Firmware downloaded (this way you will not lose your unlock)
    Make sure you have your jailbreak software.
    Connect iPhone to computer
    Put iPhone in DFU Mode
    Once iTunes locates it Shift-Restore or Command-Restore your iPhone to the stock 3.1.2 firmware
    The iPhone will now be restore to 3.1.2 in the Emergency Call screen,
    Now your can re-restore your iPhone to your custom firmware. Have fun.
    ***If Your iPhone recieves the cannot restore 160X error dont fret, go to a local convience store or radioshack and buy a cheap 2.0 USB extension cable, this will solve your issue.

20. siddharthsid007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple has stopped siging the 3.1.2 update so that is not happening, when i try to do that it contacts the apple update server then gives an error that the build is not correct..

21. Naethyn macrumors regular

Naethyn

Thats odd, i have known people to have done it. Well try putting your iPhone in recovery mode

Even though it is looping the iPhone boot

Hard reset it without turning it back on
    Push the power button and almost imediately before the apple logo comes on hold the home button and this should allow iBoot to run as well as your usb connection.

22. siddharthsid007 thread starter macrumors newbie

how do i turn it off to go for ur steps ?? it is either in logo screen or in dfu mode !

23. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Someone has already told you this twice:

24. siddharthsid007 thread starter macrumors newbie

25. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Don't listen to Naethyn, his info is incorrect.
    Are you sure its in DFU mode (black 'off' screen) not recovery mode(connect to itunes screen)?
    The only advice to give is to carry on trying to restore to a custom FW (Pwnage is so much better than sn0wbreeze, i promise!) on different machines, and/or earlier versions of itunes.
    If none of this works you might have to wait for the new unlock tool that is due to be released soon so you can then restore, JB and unlock 3.1.3