Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
since when did you need premium fuel to drive mercedes? all u need is regular! :p

Oooh.... Analogy fail. ;)

I can't remember the website. Do a search on here and you will find it. Yes mms will work

Is it tallied as pay per use data or does it just count toward your messaging limit?

Depends on the car. Most will simply lose power if you put regular in them but some will actually have the engine fail.

While it's possible for this to happen with high performance engines like you'd find in a Ferrari or a Murcialago, the most you're going to get in a Mercedes is, as mentioned above, a slight degradation of performance and an engine knock.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
While it's possible for this to happen with high performance engines like you'd find in a Ferrari or a Murcialago, the most you're going to get in a Mercedes is, as mentioned above, a slight degradation of performance and an engine knock.
LMAO a C63 AMG has a more high performance engine then a F430. Also what do you think happens if your engine keeps pinging? Damage.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
LMAO a C63 AMG has a more high performance engine then a F430.

Laugh your ass off all you want. The C63 has more torque. That may make up for it's additional 727 pounds of curbweight. The Ferrari also has more horsepower, although not much. So it would be close.

I don't know if it's just me, but you seem to like to nitpick and argue. There's a term for people like that around here.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
Laugh your ass off all you want. The C63 has more torque. That may make up for it's additional 727 pounds of curbweight. The Ferrari also has more horsepower, although not much. So it would be close.

I don't know if it's just me, but you seem to like to nitpick and argue. There's a term for people like that around here.

Every time you quote me, you dig a bigger hole for yourself.

First I never talked about the cars in a race but the engines.
Second the f430 is rated as 483hp @ 8500 rpm. The 63 AMG is rated at 451 @ 6800 rpm. Ferrari needs to make that engine rev higher just to get a higher show number.
Third when you look at torque its 343 ft/lb @ 5250 rpm for the ferrari and 443 ft/lb @ 5000 for the 63 AMG. HUGE difference.

Engine for engine the MB has a better engine then the Ferrari. So your statement the MB does not have a "high performance engine" while the Ferrari does is false. You call this nitpicking because you are wrong but don't want to admit it. I call this setting the record straight.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Every time you quote me, you dig a bigger hole for yourself.

First I never talked about the cars but the engines.
Second the f430 is rated as 483hp @ 8500 rpm. The 63 AMG is rated at 451 @ 6800 rpm. Ferrari needs to make that engine rev higher just to get a higher show number.
Third when you look at torque its 343 ft/lb @ 5250 rpm for the ferrari and 443 ft/lb @ 5000 for the 63 AMG. HUGE difference.

Engine for engine the MB has a better engine then the Ferrari. So your statement the MB does not have a "high performance engine" while the Ferrari does is false. You call this nitpicking because you are wrong but don't want to admit it. I call this setting the record straight.

Okay, the record's straight. You can use Google. So can I.

I still say you're nitpicking. You took extremes from both brands, the high from MB and the low from Ferrari. In this case you're right, I'm wrong. Run your 63 against a 599 Fiorano and the results are opposite.

There. Truce.

mrdinh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
wife only needs the phone part and wanted a smart phone so she can put her schedule on etc...that doesn't require data plan...she doesn't care about 3g, surfing, apps etc...so after 2yrs, can she remove the data plan off?

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
wife only needs the phone part and wanted a smart phone so she can put her schedule on etc...that doesn't require data plan...she doesn't care about 3g, surfing, apps etc...so after 2yrs, can she remove the data plan off?

With no data plan required, it's allot cheaper to get a GoPhone account and use that with the iPhone. You don't need a data plan on a GoPhone account but the cost is higher. Pick Your Plans start out at $29.99 for 200 minutes. I highly recommend this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.