iPhone 3GS won't turn on

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jmor, Sep 30, 2010.

1. jmor macrumors 6502

Okay so I was on the bus on my way home just sitting down not touching my phone listening to my iPhone. I had the iPod app and my phone was in my lap when all of a sudden the music stopped and the phone turned off. I tried to turn it back on and it goes to the apple then it goes black and like goes to the apple a loading sign comes up and starts to spin for a while and then it stops and repeats itself. I tried turning it off, it won't go on or off at this point. I tried holding down home and lock, but nothing works. This has been going on for about six hours now. I jailbroke my phone right when the slide to unlock jailbreak came out it was working fine, I only had a few apps installed, sbssettings and bitesms so far because I was nervous. And now my phone is completely unusable, it won't show up in iTunes at all so I can't reset it and now I'm trying MobileMe but nothings working. This is an under a year Black iPhone 3GS 16 GB on iOS 4.0 never had a problem before. Any help? :( :confused: :(

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

3. jmor thread starter macrumors 6502

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See my sig for the link to DFU restore.

5. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

can u charge it? another usb cable, or a wall charger??

6. jmor thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it charges up once it dies and then starts the same pattern over again, i can charge it from my computer or wall, but iTunes won't recognize it even when its charging.

7. jmor thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks a million that finally got it working and thanks, aggie, that link was really helpful with the video :)