iPhone 4 4.1 jailbroken doesn't restore, 3194 error, need help fast!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PaHtSaN, Sep 10, 2011.

1. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

I have an appointment at the applestore really soon, and I need to restore the phone. When I try to restore or update, it gives me 3194 error and says iphone could not be restored. Any ideas why this is and how to fix it? Thanks.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That is a known hardware error. So, it's busted. Apple will likely swap it under warranty.

3. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Its jailbroken though, they won't swap it, it needs to be unjailbroken.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

They won't know that because its stuck in recovery mode.

5. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Its not in recovery, I can put it in recovery but whats to stop them from taking it out? I see what you're saying, but its kinda risky, is there really no way to restore and get rid of the jailbreak altogether?

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt they will mess with it much, if it doesnt restore for them also they will just swap it.
    But make sure your hosts file point to apples servers cause if you do a restore and it points to cydias server you will have issues and the restore wont go thru.
    You can use Tinyumbrella, go into advanced and uncheck the box that says "if you need a clean restore from Apple uncheck this"
    Then try the restore again.
    http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

8. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

True, I guess I'll try it tomorrow, its kind of late already, I'm a little paranoid about it I guess, but I have nothing to lose. I already tried unchecking that box in TU, (and restarted comp after as I read somewhere else), unfortunatly it didn't help though. Thanks for trying to help!

Thanks, I tried his methods, but they didn't work, the first one gave me a different error, something like "apple servers could not be contacted", the other 2 just gave me the same 3194 error. :-/

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, then most likely it's a hardware issue and the people at the Apple store won't get far with it either.
    Let us know how it went.

10. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

I think I finally got it :) Basically I put it into pwndDFU mode with iReb, the restore started, I'm hoping it doesn't give me an error midway, but so far so good. Ill post if it works, thanks for the help guys!

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If it fails, trust me, Apple has no way of telling if it was or not jailbroken. Once it hits recovery mode or DFU, its gone gone.

12. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it ended up giving me a 1600 error half way through the restore, and its stuck in DFU, which I guess is a good thing. Ill take it to apple tomorrow.

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Like I said, the original error is hardware related. Your phone is long gone. Not even a Genius will be able to actually fix it. All they know how to do is restore on site, if it fails give you a new one within warranty or tell you it's $200 if out of warranty.