iPhone 4 activation question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rhsant, Jun 23, 2010.

  1. rhsant macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    #1
    Just want a sanity check before I do this...

    My wife's new iPhone 4 came today (16GB) - my 32GB won't likely come until tomorrow at the earliest (through AT&T).

    I'm phoneless right now - any potential problems with me activating on my wife's phone and then switching the microsims between phones once my phone comes in? I don't think there are, but wanted to see if anyone knew definitively.

    Thanks in advance
     
  2. rhsant thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    #2
    addition

    Should also mention that I guess I would plan to activate my wife's microsim on the 32GB that comes in then switch the two between devices. Also, I'm a premier AT&T customer.

    Thanks!
     
  3. LAS22 macrumors regular

    LAS22

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2008
    Location:
    808
    #3
    I'm in a similar dilemma and almost started a new thread. Hope we both can get our question answered...

    In my case, the only difference is that the wife wants the white but need to get back on an iphone asap(work related), I've sold both our 3GSs a week ago.

    I have a 32gb that should arrive today or tomorrow and will let her use it for the time being. Guess I'll be activating my phone on her line, wait for the white, then take mine back activate it on my line, then her phone on her line.

    Anyone see a problem with this?

    Is it safe to say eligibility dates are going to differ?

    BTW, this is a family plan on premier.
     
  4. macjram macrumors 6502a

    macjram

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2008
    #4
    when I activated,

    it asked for my mobile number (I wasn't able to change this, it showed my number)

    then it asked me to put in my Zip Code and the last 4 digits of SSN (for me, it was the last 4 digits of my mom's SSN)

    I hope I helped
     
  5. Boauld macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2010
    #5
    My wife tried to set hers up and keeps getting..... Sever timed out crap....apple says we can't activate till 1am
     
  6. LAS22 macrumors regular

    LAS22

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2008
    Location:
    808
    #6
    rhsant, in your situation, i'd be safe to wait, sorta why i'll explain below:

    just got off the phone with a att premier rep.

    in my particular situation, his suggestion for "minimal complications" would to be:

    1. activate both ip4 on their respective lines.
    -particularly since i have different features on each line
    -switching phones with assigned sim card and features increase chance for errors. i do have fan bonus codes applied that differ on each line and it'll be the safest way to keep them.

    2. once the white ip4 is available return the black in exchange for the white.
    -he mentioned the 30-day buyer's remorse, as long as i have all original equipment in perfect condition. also, no restocking fee for premier.

    my worst case scenario:
    3. if 30 days come before the white's release, return hers anyway before then to avoid the etf or being stuck with the black.
    -again buyer's remorse. all charges and contract dates reverted back. no restocking fee for premier.
    -wife again without iphone, still waiting for the white ip4.
     

Share This Page