Iphone 4 AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redblock6, Aug 13, 2011.

1. redblock6 macrumors newbie

Hello and Hi To Everyone :

Two days ago i bought an iphone 4 32Gb from at&t with 2 years contract and today i bought an unlocking iphone pro software.with the help of this software i jailbreak and unlock my iphone very easily.now my iphone is fully
    unlocked and i can insert any sim card of any network.but i dont want to use an at&t network want to use T-mobile.but i also activate an at&t data plan. i know that i cant cancel it.but if i stop paying bills to at&t then what will happen the'll automatic cancel my dataplan.because i dont want to use at&t.and one thing for sure i have to know that at&t said that they will automatically activate another data plan after an expiration of my past data plan and they will automatic get charges from me.i want to know that from where they cut my bills
    by Sim card or by another source.and if they charge bills payment from sim card automatically so why should i dont recharge my at&t and do not use it and to use t-mobile sim card.thanks in advance and please help to get out of this situation and start to use t-mobile network.:):):):):):):)please help me.

2. 87am macrumors regular

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

What? All I know is why the heck did you buy unlocking software.

4. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

If you bought it 2 days ago, you can return the phone and pay only for the minutes and data you used on the AT&T network.

Sounds like you need to return the iPhone and rebuy an unlocked phone. Then you're free to use T-Mobile's network without contract. It will be several hundred dollars more expensive, but that's really your only option.

5. redblock6 thread starter macrumors newbie

I buy an unlocking software bcoz i want to unlock my iphone and its fully unlocked now i can use t-mobile network and now im using it.but my problem is that i cannot cancel at&t dataplan. i told to at&t that i want to cancel the dataplan but sadly they refuse and they said now you must continue.but please i want to know that if i donot recharge an at&t sim card then and have no balance then what th'ell do then they cannot send me any more data plan until i recharge am i right.then this will be much ok.so please say yes or no.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's bs.
    There is no unlocking software if you just bought an AT&T iPhone 4.
    The only way to unlock is by using a gevey turbo SIM.

7. redblock6 thread starter macrumors newbie

No man i m not kidding i really unlocked it.but my problem is not unlocking my problem is at&t which i posted above this post.:confused:

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If you stop paying your AT&T bill, they'll send it to a collection agency who will harass you non stop to pay it and your credit report will be ruined.

You signed a contract - you can either return the phone within the 30 day return period, or pay the early termination fee, which I think is close to $400. Your choice.

9. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

You're on a contract for an iPhone. You CANNOT cancel the data plan, no matter what sim you use. If you want to use a prepaid sim, then you need to cancel your contract while you still can and buy an unlocked iPhone.

10. redblock6 thread starter macrumors newbie

So bro if i had no balance on at&t then what will happen.:confused:

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You don't even know how this works, do you?

You pay a certain amount of money each month for your service. If you don't pay it, your service is shut off, your account handed over to a collections agency, your credit gets ruined, and you will have difficulty getting new service with another carrier, credit cards, car loans, mortgages, or any other type of loan in the future.

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

The OP can cancel the data plan by putting his SIM card into a dumb phone for the remainder of his contract.

This isn't a prepaid service. You get the bill, and then you pay it afterwards (as you would with your water or electricity bill).

13. redblock6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bro i want to send this iphone to my sis. she live in ksa so can i send this iphone.

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And you can, but you either have to continue paying your AT&T bill or pay the massive early termination fee.

15. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Should have purchased an out of contract iPhone from apple for 599/699

16. redblock6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can at&t or apple do anything to my iphone if i just stop paying for my cell phone bi

Can at&t or apple do anything to my iphone if i just stop paying for my cell phone bills?
    Will they be able to lock my iphone or something if i just stop paying or cancel my service and not pay any of the fees? and yes i know its bad for for credit and collections agencies and everything. Would jailbreaking and unlocking it make a difference if they do end up locking my phone somehow?

17. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

To answer your question directly: yes, if it is actually unlocked you can just not pay them, and use another sim. It's not like Verizon that can have your esn blacklisted. I own Verizon, so I'm not 100% sure, but I'm like 98% sure. Now, with that said, you have been warned. I assure you that when the recovery agency gets your info and calls your T-Mo iPhone so much that you can't even make a call, you will regret this. Also, when u try to get an actual post paid phone on contract from now on, and they won't approve you, or make you pay some rediculous deposit ahead of the contract, u will again regret this. So if u got an iPhone 5, on contract(just an examPle, bc if u do this, I assure u that u won't get iPhone 5 on contract) instead of paying $299 for 32gb, you would pay $299 for the phone plus a minimum of $100, all the way to like$500 of deposit. So, yes u can screw them, but in the long run, its you who will be taking the screwing.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It's an AT&T iPhone and not unlocked.
    If he ships it to another country it won't accept any other carriers sims but AT&T's.
    Unless they want to use a gevey turbo sim but that won't work either on anything 5.0 and higher.

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

He is either using Gevey sim or I'm calling BS but presuming TS did what he said your best bet is to call at&t. they will expect you to keep paying them till you do.

20. Nawizo macrumors member

OK I am curious, what unlock software did you use coz i want it

21. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

Haha, exactly. I havent heard of any unlocking software.

22. apmorency macrumors regular

You took out a contract for the phone at a reduced/subsidized price and want to stop paying for it. You're basically steeling the phone from at&t to use it with another service provider.

23. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Sounds like the op is foreign. So if hes going to leave the country and somehow was able to buy an iphone on contract without putting down a deposit or something, he could theoretically just stop paying the bill. But mostlikely someone helped him buy it because att doesnt just let people buy subsidised phones without a reliable creditors info. So if thats the case whoever helped him buy the phones credit will get hit. Either way it doesnt seem like he really understands the whole process so he can eithee walk away and ruin his own or someone elses credit with att, or return the phone.

24. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Return the AT&T subsidized iPhone and get the *factory* unlocked, contract free iPhone if you want. I know you are trying to figure out a way to pay the subsidized price and not have to pay a monthly bill to AT&T but there is no way to do this.

Honestly, I don't know why you'd get an iPhone at all right now since the new one is coming out soon.