iPhone 4 camera light stuck on?

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
518
0
i got iPhone 4 running 7.1.. the little light next to the camera is stuck on.. how do i turn it off?
 

rablat

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2007
619
3
Classified NSA intel
Have you tried restarting the iPhone?
Either hold the sleep/wake button until slide to power off comes up. Also you could do a hard reset hold sleep/wake button and the home button until the Apple logo appears.
 

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
518
0
Have you tried restarting the iPhone?
Either hold the sleep/wake button until slide to power off comes up. Also you could do a hard reset hold sleep/wake button and the home button until the Apple logo appears.
yea been when i do both its still on... just to be clear i am talking about a little light to the right of the camera lens..maybe its always supposed to be like that??
 

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
47,484
16,006
yea been when i do both its still on... just to be clear i am talking about a little light to the right of the camera lens..maybe its always supposed to be like that??
The light on the top back side of the phone (that is used for flash when taking pictures), right?
 

Tsuius

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2007
125
85
GTA
Classic case of dropping your phone one too many times.
If you hit it just right the light will go off or flicker. That's not a solution only a confirmation.
Unfortunately the light can't be replaced without changing the main board :(
 

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
518
0
Classic case of dropping your phone one too many times.
If you hit it just right the light will go off or flicker. That's not a solution only a confirmation.
Unfortunately the light can't be replaced without changing the main board :(
ugh really?a friend gave it to me. nah it doesn't go off ever lol...

----------

i know i prolly should do this but i also need help and posted a message elsewhere if you are any good with calendar sync issues.. LOL :)

my iCloud and iPhone calls seem to sync ok but not the app on my MBP
 

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
2,226
55
Midwest
i'm sorry i don't know U mean by that?? :(

----------



yes yes thats the one.. to the right of the cam..
you can have your flash light up for alerts, settings>general>accessibility> LED flash for alerts. not sure if that would cause it to stay on but it might.
 

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
518
0
you can have your flash light up for alerts, settings>general>accessibility> LED flash for alerts. not sure if that would cause it to stay on but it might.

ugh this sounded like the winner but no.. still on no matter what i do
 

hockeyman94

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2012
118
4
California
ugh really?a friend gave it to me. nah it doesn't go off ever lol...

----------

i know i prolly should do this but i also need help and posted a message elsewhere if you are any good with calendar sync issues.. LOL :)

my iCloud and iPhone calls seem to sync ok but not the app on my MBP
It is defiantly water damage. Just buy a camera on ebay no more than $8 and get some tools if it doesn't come with it (ebay). Pretty easy fix just watch a video on youtube about replacing the camera.
 

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
577
19
Fort Myers, FL
This is 95% caused by liquid damage. The other 5% would be dropping it too much. A camera replacement will not fix the light. The entire phone needs to be replaced. If you have applecare it can be swapped at the Apple Store for $49 or $79 depending on when you bought applecare. If no applecare then it's $149 for iPhone 4, $199 for iPhone 4s, and $269 for iPhone 5, 5C, and 5s. If by some chance it's not liquid damage, and you are still under warranty or have extended applecare, it will be a free replacement.
 

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
518
0
This is 95% caused by liquid damage. The other 5% would be dropping it too much. A camera replacement will not fix the light. The entire phone needs to be replaced. If you have applecare it can be swapped at the Apple Store for $49 or $79 depending on when you bought applecare. If no applecare then it's $149 for iPhone 4, $199 for iPhone 4s, and $269 for iPhone 5, 5C, and 5s. If by some chance it's not liquid damage, and you are still under warranty or have extended applecare, it will be a free replacement.
ugh nah like i said i think a friend gave it to me.. so no warranty no apple care..as long as it works until iPhone 6 comes out LOL

----------

now if only my calendar issue could be solved so easily
 

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
22,764
14,918
Jacksonville, Florida
ugh nah like i said i think a friend gave it to me.. so no warranty no apple care..as long as it works until iPhone 6 comes out LOL

----------

now if only my calendar issue could be solved so easily
How is the battery life with the light on all the time.

If it does not turn off even when the phone is turned off or on, I am also betting that it has been damaged by liquid.
 

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
1,270
33
The back of the iPhone 4 comes off quite easily, no?

How hard would it be to dismantle the flash bulb and be flashless?
 

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
518
0
How is the battery life with the light on all the time.

If it does not turn off even when the phone is turned off or on, I am also betting that it has been damaged by liquid.

i just got the phone last night so i will test the battery life today.. i unplugged at 10am 100%... no no the light stays ON even when phone is off!

----------

Try a DFU restore, this often solves software problems (won't do squat for hardware issues) but worth a try.
what is aDFU?
 

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
518
0
i just got the phone last night so i will test the battery life today.. i unplugged at 10am 100%... no no the light stays ON even when phone is off!

----------



what is aDFU?

in half an hour i am down just 3%
 

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
1,270
33
The flash is connected to the camera module. It's a LED, so it's not like you can just unscrew a bulb.
You can surely remove it though without hurting the camera can't you? I.E. Rip it off? Just curious, not implying the OP should… Although I certainly would as the phone isn't worth much in it's current state anyway.