iPhone 4 car holder!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RealSkyDiver, Jun 29, 2010.

1. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

Looking for a good car holder you don't have to mount into the dashboard. Preferably something that comes with a dock so it charges your phone and not tight fitting to use it with the bumper.

2. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

So you want a holder that will mount to the windshield only?

3. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

Hope that retarded question wasn't serious -.- I'm obviously looking for something that can be put into the car charger or cup-holder.

4. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Maybe you state that next time instead of being such an as...smart guy. Now why don't you go figure out what your options are mr smart guy.

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Im looking for this also. @unseen - not a stupid question. Id like one that is suction cupped or something.

6. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

@Mystikal
    Just be sure that you don't mount it directly to the wind-shield since thats technically illegal in CA.

7. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I have a GPS mount (my GPS has a suction cup) so its just a plastic circle on my dash. Did anyone find a suction cup holder yet?

8. cdebnil macrumors regular

9. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A293)

Why don't you guys just google "iPhone carmount." I'm sure you will find plenty of helpful devices through doing a simple google search.

10. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I use one of the flex-rod universal phone mount with the one size fits all clamp thingy. I got it with a windshield suction mount (legal where I live) but this could also be used with a dash mounted "puck" or beanbag. I modified the side padding with a vertical groove to keep the phone nice and snug (18-wheelers vibrate like crazy under power) and mounted it so that the bottom hangs slightly over the edge of the dash to allow easy hookup of the power cable.

This obviously isn't the slickest setup, but it was inexpensive and allows me to grab and go when I'm using a different truck at work. Unlike many form-fitted iPhone specific mounts, the adjustable padded clamp doesn't interfere with protective cases. (except for those with hard built-in screen protectors)

As an aside, if you've never used any sort of dash mount for an iPhone, you need to keep a few things in mind. While they are great for keeping your iPhone's screen within your field of view, they're not so great if you don't use Bluetooth or some other hands free system (where legal and safe) And keep in mind that listening to hours of podcasts and music, using a navigation app, etc. will drain the battery, so you need to place it where you can get a power cable hooked into the bottom.

And 4-wheelers have lots of airbags, so keep their placement in mind. (Nothing like a 200mph iPhone projectile to ruin your road trip)

Sean

11. msduncan macrumors 6502

Maybe next time you post a message asking for a car holder, you will use a "?" instead of a "!" so that people understand you are asking for one instead of telling us about one.

12. Kim Sux macrumors member

This thread is a perfect example of why this isn't considered a serious forum for Apple users.

13. lcdbot27 macrumors member

14. applephysci macrumors regular

considered by whom- you? no other forum comes close.

15. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your suggestions. I ordered a "
    IPM523-G : Cup Holder Mount with Flexible Gooseneck Shaft for iPhone 4 featuring Arkon Slim-Grip™ Phone Holder"

Hey kiddo this thread had been cleaned up once before because of spamers like u so please don't post here anymore. If this wasn't a serious Apple forum it wouldn't be the biggest one out there and featured on numerous nationwide channels like NBC -.-

16. Sandram macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 car holder

I have been using the Spiderpodium holder from breffo (http://www.breffo.com) and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It's pretty easy to setup in the car and everyone who sees it comments on it! Tho, they all want to play with it..;) S!

17. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

Attached Files:

18. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

I...hate...spiders...and that site just gave me newnightmares...

19. thornguy macrumors regular

20. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Actually you can mount it on the windshield since 2009. Just not anywhere.

Useless in my car though :(

21. tchremc2 macrumors newbie

The iphone 4 charges now in the tunebase direct and can connect to your stereo, but you can no longer use the microphone on the tunebase direct, as a speakerphone input mic. The iphone 4 no longer works with analog microphone input via the jack on the iphone 4.

22. llimbo72 macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 charger and holder

Hi everyone -

Apparently Belkin isn't making anything for the iPhone 4. I assume that will be followed with 'yet'.

I am looking for a charger and holder, but I don't need an FM transmitter, since my car has an audio input I can connect to. Did anyone come across a good one? So far I am considering one from Arkon...

23. Thackmiller macrumors newbie

Spiderpodium is the way to go

I bought a spiderpodium($23) with shipping and its awsome, got a white one which gets a bit dirty ( soapy water to clean) but looked cool with my white iphone. You can put it about anywhere... Http://www.breffo.com

24. dseig001 macrumors member

First, the title of this thread sucks - use a question mark rather than an exclamation point - you're leading people to think you actually found a good car mount, rather than looking for one.

Second, that law was changed a year ago, windshield mounts are completely legal.