Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geckotek, Jul 8, 2010.
He probably stuck the USB end directly into a 120VAC socket so it would charge faster!
He needs to charge it differently.
the iPhone 4 is the HOTTEST phone in the world!
I do find it scary that Apple has somewhat of a history of making stuff that catches fire...
Has anyone else had a fire started from charging their iPhone?
Do Apple products really have a history of catching fire?
What else has had problems....
I want to know how well the antenna worked under those conditions with the bezel being hot and all.
No, there have just been some stories of it happening. The biggest one was in France (I think it exploded). Don’t worry. Because it’s an iPhone it gets lots of media attention. It’s not common.
First gen iPod Nano, some MacBooks, and some older iPhones had screens that exploded.
Another day ... another piece of bad publicity for the iPhone 4.
When will it end.
Famous last words.
well a few MACBOOK Aluminum's catches on fire while charging
Of course that's not the phone that's the charging portion of the connector. These are known to fray.
So while the headline is exciting and eye catching it is a lie.
I believe there MacBook line had a problem with it/the charger catching fire.
Just google 'MacBook fire' and I bet you will get some stories.
Oh and I think some early White iPhones used to explode.
You know its true in this case though.
Look again, it was inside the connector, not that part on the back of the connector that always gets frayed.
Which reminds me of a joke....a string walks into a bar and orders a drink...
Good thing this never happened to me. I sleep with mine under my pillow while charging. Probably not the best idea haha
Yeah, I sleep with mine next to my pillow. Under it seems like it would overheat....BAD idea.
When you sell 2+ million devices, you're going to get around two one-in-a-million events.
Wow. The iPhone 4 is turning into a HUGE headache for Apple. More bad publicity. Yikes!
Im looking at the picture.... if the fire originated INSIDE the phone there would be a lot more damage. Look at the connector.... look at the area the wire tends to fray.... Also if the "fire" was inside, wouldn't it stand to reason that the entire opening would be charred like the one area. Not saying it didn't happen but the phone was not the problem.
This is GOOD publicity.
The phone can apparently catch on fire and all that happens is it gets a little black mark on it! That's not bad!
Iphone 4 soo HOT it Burns.
I had a MBP adapter get very, very hot to the point it melted and had singe marks on it in 2006. I didn't live near an Apple store but after calling about it and describing it I had a few higher ups call me back and ask more about it and have me send it in to them.