Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SophiaLee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Yeah, I saw that. Sorry I wasn't clear. Where can somebody buy them at the ~$90 price quoted above? :)

I guess I'll keep looking. It may be worth $120 to me though.

The guy who was selling them for $90 raised his price to $199! LOL

this one appears to have the diffuser assembly incorporated, whereas the iresq part did not.

I know...it looks nice, but I can just get a replacement for a little more from Apple ($199). I broke my back glass.

$120 is still kinda steep. Gonna try to hold out for less than $100. $80 would be reasonable I think, still allowing the seller to make a tidy profit. No way that part costs that much to make!

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
I sell them however I do not have the ones with frame in stock until next week.
I can also sell them for 120 . you can check my ebay auctions also under the name : iphonerevivers

Based on your ebay auction, you're local to me. Send me a PM... I'd love to buy the next full back assembly that you get.

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
One additional benefit to the ease with which the back cover comes off is that replacing the battery on these should take only a matter of minutes. Makes me hope that, when the time comes, Apple will offer that service in their retail stores making it far less of a hassle than in the previous models.

jacollins

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Am I the only one that thinks it would be cool to have a transparent glass backing on the iPhone? See all the internals of the phone (well, whatever you can see when the back is off)? I imagine the downside would be dust on the inside though.

Caolan96

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Derry, Northern Ireland, UK
Am I the only one that thinks it would be cool to have a transparent glass backing on the iPhone? See all the internals of the phone (well, whatever you can see when the back is off)? I imagine the downside would be dust on the inside though.

The only thing you can see when the back is off, is the battery, all the other stuff is covered with black tape.

entraik

Suspended
Jan 22, 2009
I noticed that site above also offers white screen lens replacements. How would one go about replacing the front if they wanted?

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010

Yeah i would like to see that and also some different colored glass would be awesome!!

IphoneRevivers

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
I noticed that site above also offers white screen lens replacements. How would one go about replacing the front if they wanted?

In order to get to the front you have to go through the back and take just about everything out of your phone to do so . I have white front assemblies here , white home buttons and white glass backs ( just not the full assembly backs ) which I am waiting on currently .

I do not recommend changing these your self unless you have some prior experience with iphones . It's way different than just replacing the back .

IphoneRevivers

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
The guy who was selling them for $90 raised his price to $199! LOL

I know...it looks nice, but I can just get a replacement for a little more from Apple ($199). I broke my back glass.

$120 is still kinda steep. Gonna try to hold out for less than $100. $80 would be reasonable I think, still allowing the seller to make a tidy profit. No way that part costs that much to make!

I quoted both of these remarks to give an answer , hope that's understandable .

The reason I quote 120 is basically because our website is in the works , so our safest way of dealing is ebay and of course with the ebay fees , paypal fees and shipping then to profit it needs to be around this price . However once our website is done , or if you are local and want to pick up then these can be offered at 90-100 bucks . $80 right now is highly doubtful although maybe in future , well of course in future they will be around this price , however right now since its been less than a month theres not much profit room which means not much change in total pricing .

If you're looking for lower prices , id say wait 3-4 months or up to 6 before you see change , I could be wrong but thats estimated . Also with this stuff it depends on the market , if there is a lot then prices go down , if there isn't as much prices go up ( from suppliers ) that people buy from and resell .

SophiaLee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
I quoted both of these remarks to give an answer , hope that's understandable .

The reason I quote 120 is basically because our website is in the works , so our safest way of dealing is ebay and of course with the ebay fees , paypal fees and shipping then to profit it needs to be around this price . However once our website is done , or if you are local and want to pick up then these can be offered at 90-100 bucks . $80 right now is highly doubtful although maybe in future , well of course in future they will be around this price , however right now since its been less than a month theres not much profit room which means not much change in total pricing .

If you're looking for lower prices , id say wait 3-4 months or up to 6 before you see change , I could be wrong but thats estimated . Also with this stuff it depends on the market , if there is a lot then prices go down , if there isn't as much prices go up ( from suppliers ) that people buy from and resell .

Does yours have a flash diffuser?

Found these for $95. No diffuser tho.

http://www.globaldirectparts.com/OEM-Apple-iPhone-4-Battery-Door-Back-Cover-p/appl8003070.htm

mistertomlinson

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
Here is something I saw on Gizmodo which is the concept Im talking about...though this is some exotic African wood and it costs $3000.

col_iphone_man.jpg

Why not get a DecalGirl skin? I just ordered this one.

aip4-dkrosewood.jpg

mistertomlinson

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
Hijacking this thread!!!

Just installed it and it was worth every penny. It looks even better than I thought it was and the pieces are 99.9 % accurate. You can see just a sliver of antenna along the sides if you look closely, but I probably could have done a better job.

The DecalGirl comes with a piece for the home button, but I'm not so sure they intended for it to be used as the home button. I think they just didn't bother removing the cutout. Using it makes the home button kinda spongy.

It actually looks better in person, but I decided the front vinyl wasn't my taste so I removed it and only left the back and sides.

As for the reception problem, I was convinced it helped a lot, at first... I can always go from 5 bars to 1 holding the phone in my palm, but after installing the skin, I could only get it down to 4 bars. I was thrilled, but a second stab at it and I was able to lose all but one bar.

(I plan to copy and paste this in a couple other threads, word for word, but I don't work for DecalGirl. I have seen very little info on the iPhone 4 DecalGirl skins, so I thought I'd contribute by sharing my experience)

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0733-1.jpg

IMG_0731-1.jpg

mistertomlinson

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
Wow! That looks pretty sweet!

Hard to install?

It takes a little patience, but if you're a perfectionist like myself, you'll be peeling it up just a little, placing it down, pulling up juuuust a little, etc. I think a lot of people would be happy just slapping it down, so it might not be difficult to some people.

IphoneRevivers

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
Does yours have a flash diffuser?

Found these for $95. No diffuser tho.

http://www.globaldirectparts.com/OEM-Apple-iPhone-4-Battery-Door-Back-Cover-p/appl8003070.htm

Sorry it took so long my parts came in late and I also had to do some more research with my suppliers and inquire about the products . No backs right now have the diffuser , however I actually think it has better lighting without it , seems to spread the light ( unless you didn't want it ) .

Here is a phone I turned into white ( front and back ) the picture does't justify it , in person it looks really nice .

http://tinypic.com/r/2njzqkj/3

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
you did a good job installing it, but i think it looks ugly :eek: really ruins the sexiness of the iPhone imo.

But hey, you like it so who cares what i think :p

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
Sorry it took so long my parts came in late and I also had to do some more research with my suppliers and inquire about the products . No backs right now have the diffuser , however I actually think it has better lighting without it , seems to spread the light ( unless you didn't want it ) .

Here is a phone I turned into white ( front and back ) the picture does't justify it , in person it looks really nice .

http://tinypic.com/r/2njzqkj/3

Looks good man. Get any extra backs?

RiSq

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Got anymore photo's of the white back, seriously considering doing it myself.

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.