iPhone 4 - Day 3 - Broken! See pic!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JodyK, Jun 26, 2010.

1. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

I have a local rep of buying and selling iPhones. A good friend called me earlier today and said a good friend of his had his new iPhone 4 on some papers on his desk and he knocked against the stack of papers. The iphone fell off the desk and here is the result!

[​IMG]
    :eek:

2. xxkodemanxx macrumors member

why are ou guys taking my iPhones..

im still waiting to grab mine..
    and you nerds are breaking all of them.

lol
    sorry the loss

3. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

That gotta be the cheapest glass in the history of glass

4. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

Go to the Apple store and they'll give you a new one for $200. What kind of Mustang is that?

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

From the looks of the glass I would guess it was not in a case.

It is made of glass it should be in a case, I don't care who says anything about "Gorilla Glass" it is glass and should be protected as such.

6. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

The stronger the glass the more brittle it is.

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Hi you did not listen to Steve Jobs. You are holding it wrong, your little finger is bridging the two antenna's.

8. JodyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

JodyK

The guy worked for AT&T and was showing it to some people when it was set on the desk. I always wrap mine in a case. Not sure if he had a case and had it out just to show it or what but ...man that sucks!

9. UCF-ENG macrumors regular

This, especially when "strength" in this context is actually hardness and not tensile strength...

10. FMLFMLFML macrumors member

these phones are so delicate and too expensive to own. I am scared to drop phone. maybe i will leave at home and use old phone for everyday use.

11. JodyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

JodyK

Not sure my friends friend took the pic to shop the iphone to me. Someone gave him $500 for it!!!! I wasn't willing to pay that much.

12. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Sarcasm aside, no he's not:

[​IMG]

Close, but no cigar... :)

13. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

as you can see if you hold the phone normally you will not bridge the connection. Fingers people. Not palms. We have fingers for a reason.

14. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

Looks just like what happened to my new iPhone! Hooray Gorilla Glass!!!

15. sanders4617 macrumors member

Sorry about your phone. But everyone has to remember.. there are 1.5 million (??) iphone 4's out there.. and this is the internet. So people mostly comment when things aren't going their way. So don't get discouraged.

Every phone's screen will break if its dropped the right way.

16. Stink Star macrumors member

Does nobody understand that when they were talking about the strength of the glass that they were referring to the scratch resistance? Obviously it's gonna break if u drop it! Hell, a diamond will shatter too if u hit it with a hammer! The design of the phone leaving the edges of the phone as likely the first place that will hit the ground if dropped is responsible for the high instances of breakage per drop... I've dropped my 3GS like 2 times at table height onto a hard floor with just 2 small scratches on the corners to show for it, I doubt I will get that lucky with this one. That's why I'm ordering a bumper, not because I think the glass isn't strong

17. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

That's why apple started to bring out the bumper. The tension in the glass is tighter than an average glass which is why then it makes contact with something hard, it's like a rubber band.......SNAP!!!!!!

18. rw3 macrumors 6502a

rw3

19. JodyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

JodyK

If you read the post I was looking to buy it and thats how the pic was sent to me. The friend of my friend said he wanted $580 for it! I offered way less and he ended up selling it for $500 to someone ... Not me not for $500.

20. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

bpd115

someone paid 500 bucks for a phone with glass shards? WTF? :confused:

21. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

Wow! I can't believe it! The phone broke when you dropped it?!? How did the laws of physics let this happen?

22. ApplEngineer macrumors regular

I'm seriously amazed at how people are like, "Its glass, I dropped it and it broke?! :eek: " Umm the it's glass part, didn't give you a hint?

Let me guess but Ives said it was as strong as sapphire, seriously people use common sense.

Sorry just venting when people complain that the phone doesn't survive a toss against a wall. lol

23. JodyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

JodyK

Yes! I couldn't believe it either! They are $599 full list ... If you figure the $199 Apple replacement fee the most it could be worth is $400.

24. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Whats up with all the phones falling in the past 3 days? I have never dropped one of my iPhones... be more careful.

25. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11