iPhone 4 Factory Unlocked

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brunarich, Jan 21, 2011.

1. brunarich macrumors newbie

Hello

I would like to know if there's anyway for me to prove that my iPhone 4 is factory unlocked.. I bought it here in London, but since I'm going back to Brazil in one month and I need it to be unlocked so I can use it there, so I want to make sure about it... Didin't post it on iPhone hacks since its supposed to be unlocked by factory.. so..

Is the only way buying another micro-sim besides the one I already got?

Thanks in advance.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Well, if it's factory unlocked then you could try inserting other SIM cards. If they all work, then it's unlocked.

Yes, it's the only way.

Also, for unlocked iPhones you pay a premium and are not bounded by contracts or monthly plans of any kind.

3. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Simple: if its jailbroken restore it to factory settings and try to use sim cards of different providers.

if its not jailbroken, just try a different SIM card.

4. TEHi macrumors regular

If it is new and jailbroken, the chances that it is factory unlocked are near zero. Nobody jailbreaks an iphone if it doesnt need to.

If it is used and jailbroken, there is still a very good chance it is not factory unlocked, otherwise they would un-JB to sell it faster.

So, if it has a CYDIA app in it, then it is not factory unlocked. works 99% of the time.

5. brunarich thread starter macrumors newbie

Well it doesn't have CYDIA on it, and I just got it out of the box and inserted and Orange sim on it, I think I'll try inserting like an O2 or maybe a T-Mobile sim on it and see if it works.. thanks for the answers :)