iPhone 4 + Full Bars (AT&T) + 3G Data = SLOWNESS!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Katin, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Katin macrumors regular

For the past 2 days when using my iPhone 4 with Full Bars trying to browse the web or use Apps that requires 3G network is going really slow. Is anyone else having this issue?

I'M NOT referring to the signal lost when holding it the wrong way.

2. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

this happened to me a little while ago and rebooting the phone worked.

I was getting 200K download and like 50K upload but had full bars. Rebooted and now getting over 2mb down.

3. jmf80111 macrumors newbie

I'm in Denver and I'm having the exact same issue. I have full bars in a bumper case, but my iPhone times out anytime I try to load a page or an app.

I removed my sim and did a hard reset, but haven't had any luck.

4. Katin thread starter macrumors regular

Ya, same here. Without a bumper. AT&T must be having some networking issues. Hopefully they know about this and fix this soon.

5. jmf80111 macrumors newbie

I just spoke with someone at the Apple store and they said that they haven't heard of any network issues, so I'm thinking it may be worth it to take it in.

6. Katin thread starter macrumors regular

Of course Apple would say something like that but I think someone needs to call AT&T and ask them what might be going on. I'm currently at work right now and I can't

7. tozfeekum macrumors member

i'm having this exact same issue. It's driving me nuts.

8. mrFinder macrumors member

YES. OMG I've been having this exact issue for the past few days. FULL 5 BARS w/ 3G but slow as F**K. I even posted a thread about it actually. What I find weird though, is that 3G is slow ONLY on my iPhone 4. I have an iPhone 3GS on a different line and the 3G web browsing and speed tests work flawlessly. Only on my iPhone 4 is it slow. I spoke at an AT&T rep via AT&T Online Tech Support Chat and he told me that there are no towers down in my area, and even if it were a network issues, it should be affecting ALL phones, not just the iPhone 4. So he told me to go to an AT&T store and get my SIM card replaced, which I did, but still no luck. It's slow as s**t. If this keeps up I am certainly bringing it back to the Apple Store. This is ridiculous.

9. michael31986 macrumors 68040

I called AT&T and asked why my 3G is slow and not working at times. I asked her to check if any towers are down she said three are down. One will be fixed by 740 and another 840. And the third will be fixed tm this could explain why 3G speeds are slow in nj

10. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Starting to believe this is just the way it is and will be for a while. I have been win AT&T since the first iPhone. The past few days I have encountered some of the slowest speeds. Can't help but think that. This is probably due to all the new iPhone owners out there. Think about how many new users there are on the network. Creates a lot of congestion. I sure hope I am wrong.

11. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

Threads like this one truly make me consider canceling my iPhone 4 pre-order. :/

12. myztikal47 macrumors regular

I've been having the same issue, my 3G ipad would work fine but the iphone 4 with full bars wouldn't load anything.

13. jmf80111 macrumors newbie

I just talked to AT&T and was told the tower next to me is "severely degraded." Hopefully it doesn't last too long.

14. JavierDiaz4 macrumors member

Same exact issue

I never had these issues with my 3GS. Neither did my fiancee. Ever since we upgraded the IPhone 4 the internet has been quiet unreliable. Emails take forever to load, webpages time out constantly and apps that depend on the internet indicate a connection failed, all the while having full bars and full 3G and no indicating of it flipping to EDGE. These two phones are sooooo going back in the next week or so for a full refund and I'm going back to the 3GS. We also get plenty of dropped calls and when we try to call each other, the calls dont make it through.:mad::confused::eek::apple:

15. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I have been having the same issue! Even on wifi..... Been pissin me off!!

16. mrFinder macrumors member

No body gets it. A degraded tower would affect ALL 3G devices, not just the iPhone 4, and that is not happening. 3G iPads are working fine. Older iPhone's are working fine. Only the iPhone 4 is having this issue. There has to be more to it than just a degraded tower or network congestion.

17. Atothendrew24 macrumors member

Same issues here in gilbert, arizona. I have never had issues like this before with any of my previous iPhones.

18. jmf80111 macrumors newbie

I agree. My 3GS works fine is the same location so I would assume that either the iPhone 4's are having trouble accessing the towers or there is some other issue.

19. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Same issue here in Michigan!

Remember the keynote where the 3Gs was loading and the iPhone4 was not!

This iPhone 4 has problems!

20. anng12 macrumors member

21. michael31986 macrumors 68040

i think this is a east coast thing. honestly. cause i wonder if people in west and middle of america are experiencing this.

idk if other countries have this, but i wonder about htem to.

22. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Agreed,

Michigan is spotty as all hell. One minute you get 3m down, then next 3k. Been going on for a week, and AT&T tells me, oh were doing major updates to the system.

really don't know what to make of it, but reseting, rebooting, sim removal makes no difference. I have no issues at all with the signal issue either.

23. deenybird macrumors regular

Same here in Philly.
    I've found that turning off 3G makes a difference.
    My edge connection is nowhere near as flaky.

24. Katin thread starter macrumors regular

Ya, if anything... just as fast as 3G