iPhone 4 iOS 5 BB 4.11.08 Unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SteveNewton, Nov 4, 2011.

1. SteveNewton macrumors newbie

I know as of yet there's no solution to Baseband 4.11.08 but any guesses on ETA of a hardware bypass from Gevey or maybe even a software unlock?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No ETA's or anything said yet.
    Your guess is as good as anyones.

3. SteveNewton thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I was really asking if an unlock was theoretically possible for that baseband, reason being that I've read comments suggesting that there may never be an unlock for 4.11.08?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Anything is possible but so far the only thing we heard about is them making progress on JB the 4S and all devices running 5.0 by using a userland exploit. Nothing has been said about an unlock yet but if you need one I wouldnt sit there and keep waiting.
    Sell the one you have and get a factory unlocked iphone.
    They are sold in every country including the US starting sometime this month.

5. Jimmy81 macrumors newbie

In the same boat....

I hope Gevey can come out with something next month....they would make good money and charge double for all I care!

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Time travel and teletransportation are "theoretically possible" and proven, believe me Unlocking 4.11.08 is "theoretically possible". Will you or me see it on our life time!....... nobody knows.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. mrjailbreak macrumors newbie

there are many websites posting downgrade 4.11.08 but no one is authentic! they are all making them fools!

----------

No one is working on it! iPhone Dev team is working on iPhone 4s unlock only!

9. mrjailbreak macrumors newbie

Yes man! Its a fact! No unlock for 4.11.08 is coming! They are working on iPhone 4s unlock. Gevey Sim is also blocked on these latest basebands. You just did a mistake by updating it without preserving baseband. No unlock for 4.11.08 is coming

http://veryrite.com/2011/12/05/unlock-4-11-08-baseband-on-iphone-4-ios-5/

10. Mademan macrumors newbie

For people with no service

If u are on at&t's network u can switch to h20 witch is a prepaid company that runs on the at&t network. They offer unlimited call & text with 2 gb data a month 4 $60.00. H2O wireless. The phone does not have to be unlocked.

11. loby macrumors 6502a

loby

Just be patient. Unlock for the 4.11.08 will come, just a matter of time. I have faith in the dev. team.

12. AGUS BALI macrumors newbie

13. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

Mine is 32GB iphone touch :( 4.11.01

14. noiceT macrumors 6502a

The past may have been different, but nowadays unlocks will always be last on the list. There just isn't enough reason to put so much effort into creating a software unlock, when:

1. Factory unlocks are now readily available

2. 3 out of the 4 major carriers have the iphone (US)

15. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Or you could just paraphrase and tell him:

Just wait it out, I guess. Musclenerd apparently is working on one (albeit for the 4S) and Sherif Hashim has expressed interest in working on an unlock.
    If you can't wait, then sell your device and spend the extra money to buy a new one, cause those are your only solutions for now..

16. Strykher macrumors newbie

I also tried that link last week. I went through so many error codes and overcome them all, but after the downgrade / restore was done to 4.3.5 hoping the phone will downgrade the baseband -- the iphone 4 would get stuck on DFU loop even after with fixed recovery from redSn0w. Itunes nor TU would not detect the phone at all when on it's DFU BRICK WALL... Only way out was to restore the iphone back up to 5.0.1 w/ 4.11.08 and the 5.0 SHSH blobs saved from TU ( I didn't have the 4.3.5 blobs)

Hopes went all crushed after spending over 10 hrs figuring out to downgrade.. :eek::confused:

Strykher

17. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

While I agree that having faith in dev team is the only real option. You can sell your device, which is the best option because there is no point in having faith in them if they aren't actively working on that BB.

18. loby macrumors 6502a

loby

You have to wonder....

"Someone" must be working on this unlock. Is this the first Baseband that is not unlock-able from Apple?

If this is so, then Apple has found a way to stop jail breaking.....

With that said...someone will need to break this baseband. If know one can, then Apple has found the cure to their carrier's problem.

Besides, whomever breaks this code..."they" will be big news.....

19. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Unlocking =/= jailbreaking.

Although jailbreaking has gotten a bit tougher...hopefully devs discover a solid exploit soon. No telling how long current A5 jailbreak will last...

20. b0bab0i macrumors regular

Re-read this Post and you will get your answer.

21. noiceT macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry man, but you really need to read the stickies at the top of this forum...

22. SgtP3pp3r macrumors member

No offense, but the world is much bigger than the US, and outside the US factory unlocks are horribly over priced.

Anyway,

A software unlock might seem a ways off, but according to some sources (Aplenberry) a new gevey sim is coming out soon to address this baseband.

23. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

They say they are working on it, no where does it say soon!