Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frosse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2007
Sweden
I actually spotted the new iPhone for the first time just minutes ago and I admit it, I couldn't take my eyes off it. Wonder where he got it from, it hasn't even been released here in Sweden yet. But damn is it thin.

I'm so mad right now, hehe.

Soulcrux

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2008
I guess it could depend on where you live. I live in SoCal where iPhone users are everywhere. There is like four different Apple Stores within a 25 mile radius from me. I saw dozens of iPhone 4 users when I went to San Diego and San Francisco the last two weekends. From a distance, my iPhone 4 looks like any older model because of the bumper.

But pretty cool that some of you get the attention. Just make sure it is not unwanted ones. I stopped caring about using my phone as an attention seeker. No need for a random stranger's approval. Besides, having a bumper and putting in my belt case keeps it obscure most of the time. I get all paranoid just holding it because I might drop it or I get these unwanted stares. Driving my BMW and Lexus is good enough for me. Chick magnet from a $300 phone? Is that game? Ha! My family wears sunglasses and watches that cost that much! But who cares if you have any of that. Build your confidence and sense of humor from within and not the materials you buy. Things don't last as long as personality.

Lol. this proves you know nothing. Watches less than $700 dollars are not luxurious at all.

insidmal

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Eugene
Good for you OP. I'm forwarding this thread to my business partner who has been bummed ever since he got a few "can you hold it like a phone?" and "does yours have problems?" and " I hear it breaks easily".

yea people always ask me to see it and i tell them no cause i don't want them to drop it..

and they always ask about the reception then I take off my case and hold the black line and say "nope" when the bars don't change

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
So as much as this might be pointless to post.....I have so many people here on the DC metro system tell me my phone is so nice. I've even had girls talk to me randomly asking me about the phone. I went out to eat today and the staff at this high end restaurant were in awe about the phone and how nice it is.....anyone else have this experience? It's flattering yet annoying...and I am scared I might get jacked for my phone. hehe.

Which line are you riding on? I've never had anybody say anything to me about it yet. Besides, half the people on the metro have one already anyways. Maybe I need to stop going places with my girlfriend so other girls can start coming up to me??

Figbash Acrobat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2009
Alphaville
Which line are you riding on? I've never had anybody say anything to me about it yet. Besides, half the people on the metro have one already anyways. Maybe I need to stop going places with my girlfriend so other girls can start coming up to me??

*shakes head*
if you got a girl that tolerates your macrumors habit, stick with her, man! :D

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2010
How old are some of the people posting on this forum anyway.......12?

If you need a phone to meet others, you are pathetic!

I feel sorry for those who live in such lousy neighborhoods that they worry about getting jacked for their phones..

Maybe if they stop walking around holding it up in the air showing off, they wouldn't draw so much attention to themselves.

Ok...I've vented..:D

ddoolin

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Ok, I see no iPhones where I'm at now (Lafayette, Louisiana -- armpit state?). BUT, to get back to Charlotte, I fly to Dallas-Fort Worth Int'l Airport, where EVERYBODY has an iPhone in the airport. It's so WEIRD. I guess since AT&T practically owns Dallas in terms of cell carrier share there. THEN, I got to Charlotte (North Carolina) and again, not very many people at all have iPhones that I see. There's a moderate amount on campus I guess but people seem content with owning whatever model they had when they bought it...people don't rush out to get the new model.

I'll probably be the first iPhone 4 owner I see to be honest. I got a lot of questions when I got my first iPhone, I'm not expecting much less now, especially on my weekend camping trips.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.