Iphone 4 jailbreak-Will you

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4black, Jun 27, 2010.

1. iphone4black macrumors member

Is there a jailbreak available for it?
    I'm getting my phone in the mail tomorrow, and wanted to know if there's one out for it (or ios 4).

If so, who here will jailbreak there's?
    Why or why not?

2. don pianta macrumors regular

i jailbroke my all of my three previous iphones 2g, 3g and 3gs... and through jailbreaking i've completely lost visual voicemail and when i updated my jailbroken 3.1.3 3gs to 4.0 i lost the ability to send MMS and group texts, along with a plethora of cellular issues. After getting my new iphone 4 and setting it up as a backup of my (screwed up) 4.0 3gs i still lost the ability to send MMS and use VVM... after about two or three hours of tinkering around and moving and copying files from previous backups i now can use MMS... but no Visual voicemail

if i can get a guarentee that jailbreaking my iphone 4 will not get rid of any of the things my phone is SUPPOSED TO DO... then i may jailbreak.
    (there are so many useful apps that are jailbreak only... but the main reason i'll jailbreak is for custom SMS tones)

EDIT:
    Oh, and yeah i'm not going to jailbreak my phone unless there is a simple plug in and jailbreak option like blackra1n (for 3gs)
    i feel like the pwnage tool takes too long (because it restores your phone... and re-populating my iphone with all it's music and movies usually takes about an hour and a half) and has a higher risk of not working

3. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I for sure will be jailbreaking my new phone. I hate not being jailbroken right now. Lost a lot of functionality I had with my 3GS. I can't really do without lockinfo, sbssettings, and most of all, bitesms.

4. dwero macrumors newbie

From another thread, which talks that iphone4 is blended with iphone3. So maybe I won't:(

5. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I personally don't see any practical reason to jailbreak my iPhone 4 at this point.

6. jap1198 macrumors 6502

Never again shall I jailbreak an iDevice.
    When I jailbroke my 3GS it got completely messed up.
    Battery sucked (only lasted like 3 hours), springboard crashed, overall the phone was unstable, and then I couldn't back up my phone. In the end it's not worth it.

7. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

with the ability to multitask, I won't jailbreak. That pretty much broke the camel's back for me on whether or not to jailbreak. On my iPhone 3G, where that functionality is lacking. I will be jailbreaking soon.

8. jason221 macrumors 6502

I like being able to watch high quality YouTube videos over the 3G network. I would say that is one of the [jailbreak] features I use the most. However, I'm pretty sure that YouTube videos on iPhone 4 default to 720p when on Wi-Fi. I'm thinking that the 3G network won't be able to buffer these in a reasonable amount of time. My hope is that a jailbreak app will be released that lets you choose between 360p and 720p over 3G.

9. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

iPhone 4 added a lot if the features I used to jailbreak for, but I will still jailbreak. I like being able to use unsigned apps, tether for free, etc.

10. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I'll be jailbreaking so that I can tether for free and use FaceTime on 3G, which I'm sure there will be a way to do.

11. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

If the jailbreak is as seamless as Spirit was for 3.1.3 then yes I will, if anything just to get tethering back for my wifi iPad.

12. ChrisSD macrumors member

Free tethering and Facetime over 3G is reason enough to jailbreak.

13. AAPLGeek macrumors regular

14. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

In Soviet Russia the iPhone jailbreaks you.
    I will jailbreak mine, FaceTime over 3g and MyWi are enough for me.

15. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    I can't live without SBSettings, 3g Unrestrictor, and Rotation inhibitor. Also, I hate the standard icons.

16. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

Isn't rotation inhibitor in iOS 4.0?

17. oceanocurls macrumors newbie

18. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    It is, only for a few apps. With RI, you can permanently stop the screen from rotating.

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, neither do I.

20. hunter x az macrumors member

Of course. Can't have enough "free" stuff, ya know? :D

21. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

I might for this feature. I miss mywi.

22. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

No because I'm really looking forward to using it stock, and not all screwed up (imo) from being jailbroken. I had my iPhone 3G jailbroken, and it sucked. My un jailbroken iPt original was much faster.

23. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I jailbroke my 3G..

When the GS came out, I didnt see any reason.

Now with the iPhone 4 I REALLY don't see a reason. Tethering doesn't apply to me (and I'm shocked it does for anyone anymore). I don't want to sacrifice the lightning speed this thing has.

Blonde Buddhist

24. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

Yes, I use mywi and 3G unrestrictor quite a bit when traveling.