iPhone 4 kicks f'n a.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XJ13sd, Jun 30, 2010.

1. XJ13sd macrumors member

So got my ip4 last wed in the mail. Upon getting it I loved the look but was very concerned with the glass back as I will not use a case or bumper but also do not want to baby my phone. So the first few days I used a lot of data ( text, email) more than the telephone so didn't have the reception issue but have kept a close eye on MR just to see what people have been saying.
    Until today I thought I wanted my 3GS back (gave it to my mother in law) but I went on a trip from San Diego to LA( Beverly hills area) and used the Internet the whole way. Fast and great flipping between the gps (to find food) and back to testing was flawless and fast made and answered 7 phone calls not a single drop and people sounded much clearer than my 3GS. Today was the first real day I had to use and rely on my phone and it performed great. Note: my father was driving this trip o I was the passenger. He still has a 3GS and @ one point his text message went off ( I had not held a 3GS since last WED) I picked up his phone to check it for him and my brain lit up. I love the iPhone 4 the 3GS felt bulky and cheap and not as bright and clear and just felt old already. I was shocked that I felt this way.

Anyway the point is everyone is complaining about the phone but I think I kicks F'n a...... Compared to the 3GS and the new droid which I played with yesterday and felt it was def nice but sup-par to the ip4. So try playing talking on a diff phone then see how you feel about the new phone.

2. stphnman20 macrumors regular

YUP!! Came from a 3G so it's a huge improvement... :apple:

3. Lanman macrumors member

Lanman

Couldn't agree more. I have no issues at all with mine or my wife's.

4. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

I agree, this phone definitely kicks some ****ing Ass. I love it and it is way better than any previous iPhone. I dont care what anyone says.

5. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I love my iPhone 4. It functions almost perfectly. And I know exactly what you mean about how the iPhone 3G and 3Gs feel in the hand now. They feel very noticeably bigger and rounder.

6. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Coming from a 3G, it's just one big bag of awesome. I love mine. The bumper I got yesterday fixed my left-handed antenna issues too.

7. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

add me to the IP4 happy camper list. the jump from my 3G to the 3GS was minimal. this jump was pretty big.

8. dsmithpdx macrumors newbie

Same here! I came from a 3G, and the difference is INCREDIBLE! I am very happy with my iPhone 4.

9. bacsig macrumors newbie

Agree completely. I've had each iteration of the iPhone and this one is definitely the best. Love it.:p

10. USMCSSGT macrumors member

USMCSSGT

Glad you like yours. I'm lovin mine too!

And I came from an original 1st gen from 2007! Big big difference!

11. nosser macrumors regular

I'm a happy iP4 user too. My wife and I both love it. She came a 3G and I had the 3G S.

12. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

WOW! I went from the 2G (original) to the 3GS and THAT was a jawdropping difference...I can't imagine what you are feeling going front the 2G to the iP4...:eek:
    Oh, and although I had to have my first iP4 replaced, this new one appears flawless...I LOVE IT! :D

13. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

F'n A!

14. redman042 macrumors 68020

You know, I'm having both the signal problem and the faulty proximity sensor issue, but I STILL think the phone is unbeatable and am so glad to have it. I will get a bumper case to solve the signal issue, and I'm confident Apple will do something (either a software patch or hardware swap) to address the rest. While I am disappointed that these issues came up (because I've come to expect perfection from Apple), when I step back and look at the phone on the whole, it is all kinds of awesome. People can call me blind or a fanboy or whatever, but the bottom line is that I'm very happy. And when I do come across the latest and greatest competing phones in the mall, and play with them for a few minutes, I come away reassured that I made a better choice for myself. I'm not blind, I've used the other phones (even the EVO), and I STILL come back to the iPhone.

15. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

MR needs more threads like this. I think imma post a thread about my friend's and my experience at a mall yesterday comparing phones. Optimism FTMFW.

16. shadrap macrumors 6502

iPhone 4 is great. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a troll or has unrealistic expectations.

17. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

18. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I love my iPhone 4. After 2 days of use the 3GS seems extremely outdated and I could never go back to that screen, its so pixely.

19. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Or has different preferences than yours.

I got my iPhone 4 delivered on the 23rd and I wasn't all that pleased. The last two years of looking at mock-ups had me convinced that thinner wasn't better and I was completely right. The sharp edges and the thickness just didn't feel good to me. I prefer the rounded edges and thickness of the 3GS. The screen was definitely sharp but not enough to make me want to hold on to it.

I shipped it back to Apple yesterday and will get my upgrade eligibility back. Hopefully somebody can get AT&T to let a nice Android phone through sometime soon. Until then I'll be using my Nexus One.

20. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

the phone is fantastic. I've only used it in spirts as its my girlfriends (im waiting on white) and its just great. but I really cant wait for the jailbreak. its going to make everything 10x better. Today she came by my work and was complaining about imovie crashing I told her to delete it and reinstall to fix it. she deleted it and went to reinstall but since imovie is so big it told her she needed wifi (no wifi at my work). I turned on mywi on my 3gs and she downloaded it just fine. :) I loveeeee Jailbreaking haha.

21. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

It does kick butt! I wouldn't go back to my 3GS even if someone paid me! I had an HTC Evo and love my iP4 much more. I feel blessed to have it indeed

22. bluer101 macrumors regular

My wife and I have come from the original 1st gen from 2007 also and love the new phones.:D We passed up the 3GS last year.

23. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

I agree with you!
    The first day I had my 3G with me comparing and such and the difference didn't feel like too much for me. I left my 3G on and yesterday I picked it up to see if it was dead and I was like "EW!" totally feels cheap and weird! I love my iphone4!

24. AlphaE89 macrumors newbie

I got you guys all beat, I came from a 2g iphone to iphone 4 and holy crap is there a difference! the only problem I have now with the iphone 4 is that I can't put it down :(

25. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I came from a 3GS and I still think it's a huge improvement. After I threw bumpers on, I don't have a single issue with the phone! It's great!