iPhone 4 loosing out to HTC EVO 4G in Poll

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Useless poll is useless. I can vote for the Evo, even tho it isn't out in the UK.

There must be some serious false voting going on on that poll. :eek:

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing

Pushkar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
SW London, UK
I like how the Poll is 90% to 10%, alot of fake voting by Android Fanboys, I think anyone who owns an Evo simply hates it too much to start hating any other phones.

There are better Android phones out there, c'mon...

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing Losing
Fixed

UCF Sam

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
Retarded championship... The iPhone 4 and the Evo going head to head in the first round? They should both be either 1 or 2 seeds, they shouldn't meet until the finals or semi finals if anything. They basically have all the most popular phones in the top right region, useless.

Sidewolf

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
Moscow Idaho
I own an HTC Evo, and I also owned all three models of the iPhone. I can tell you from experience that the Evo is a great phone and it supports my needs, but you can't compare the two phones because I think the iPhone 4 is better in some aspects. I like my internet experience a whole lot better with the Evo, but as far as media playing, and apps, and video, the iPhone 4 wins easily. I love my Evo, but I also miss having the iPhone. But luckily I still have my iPad so I can still enjoy my apps, and also use my Evo as a hotspot for wifi connectivity.

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
When Palm Pre won against Droid Incredible, I know that poll is a piece of crap...

Android > WebOS anyday :eek::eek:
Idk if Android>WebOS, but when i saw that the Palm Pe won against the Incredible the same thing ran through my head.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
How many iPhone 4's have sold compared to the EVO. That'd show more accurate results on what people prefer.

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
I own an HTC Evo, and I also owned all three models of the iPhone. I can tell you from experience that the Evo is a great phone and it supports my needs, but you can't compare the two phones because I think the iPhone 4 is better in some aspects. I like my internet experience a whole lot better with the Evo, but as far as media playing, and apps, and video, the iPhone 4 wins easily. I love my Evo, but I also miss having the iPhone. But luckily I still have my iPad so I can still enjoy my apps, and also use my Evo as a hotspot for wifi connectivity.
I'm in the exact same boat. Evo owner now after returning the iphone 4. The iphone was better at some things, but I was bored with the UI and after all it is a phone and it did that worse than my old moto razr. I use the ipad to get my apple fix in and I don't miss the iphone at all. With froyo being available this coming week the few things I don't love about it should be fixed.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
when I click the link the poll says 566 votes iphone to 5 votes evo, but the EVO is winning?

I must not understand how polls work. Either that or it has something to do with loosing.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
lame thread

This thread is loosing out to repetitiveness and lameness. Smells like fear.

mistertomlinson

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
when I click the link the poll says 566 votes iphone to 5 votes evo, but the EVO is winning?

I must not understand how polls work. Either that or it has something to do with loosing.
I noticed it too. THOSE poll results make more sense to me. I believe it's just a typo and the iPhone actually has 90% of the votes.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Idk if Android>WebOS, but when i saw that the Palm Pe won against the Incredible the same thing ran through my head.
The only thing WebOS is great is their multitasking interface... other than that their whole ecosystem is tiny and super slow phone if you have more than around 4 cards open...

Android is a pretty good platform with speedy iteration and many good applications (more and more major developers are doing Android now that they are very successful with iOS).

One major problem of Android for me is the inconsistent UI inside each app and even those icons... I mean come on some of the apps still have the old style (pre 2.0) angled icon. Someone please update the damn apps!!!

But in Gingerbread 3.0 Google is going to take it to their hands and make the UI more consistent. I hope this will nudge their developers to the right direction in terms of unifying their UI

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
I like how the Poll is 90% to 10%, alot of fake voting by Android Fanboys, I think anyone who owns an Evo simply hates it too much to start hating any other phones.

There are better Android phones out there, c'mon...
Definitely I don't think these figures represent things truthfully.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I'm in the exact same boat. Evo owner now after returning the iphone 4. The iphone was better at some things, but I was bored with the UI and after all it is a phone and it did that worse than my old moto razr. I use the ipad to get my apple fix in and I don't miss the iphone at all. With froyo being available this coming week the few things I don't love about it should be fixed.
Yeah, but Froyo won't fix the EVO's poor battery life, increase the resolution of its screen, or reduce its uncomfortable size... so I'd still prefer the iPhone 4.

Hey, you may get flash running though. Be sure to carry your charging cables.

maddux2005

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
The public speaks with their wallet. So I think it's safe to say the iPhone 4 is the overwhelming favorite!

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
How many iPhone 4's have sold compared to the EVO. That'd show more accurate results on what people prefer.
It would. But it would not show which phone is better. EVO being a new comer and on a small wireless network in US is never going to get the same amount of users as iPhone no matter how good it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.