iPhone 4 loosing out to HTC EVO 4G in Poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by varunkrish, Jul 29, 2010.

1. varunkrish macrumors member

2. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Useless poll is useless. I can vote for the Evo, even tho it isn't out in the UK.

There must be some serious false voting going on on that poll. :eek:

3. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

didn't a site have this poll before and the My Touch won the whole thing?

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing Loosing

5. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

I like how the Poll is 90% to 10%, alot of fake voting by Android Fanboys, I think anyone who owns an Evo simply hates it too much to start hating any other phones.

There are better Android phones out there, c'mon...

6. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Fixed

7. UCF Sam macrumors regular

Retarded championship... The iPhone 4 and the Evo going head to head in the first round? They should both be either 1 or 2 seeds, they shouldn't meet until the finals or semi finals if anything. They basically have all the most popular phones in the top right region, useless.

8. Sidewolf macrumors newbie

I own an HTC Evo, and I also owned all three models of the iPhone. I can tell you from experience that the Evo is a great phone and it supports my needs, but you can't compare the two phones because I think the iPhone 4 is better in some aspects. I like my internet experience a whole lot better with the Evo, but as far as media playing, and apps, and video, the iPhone 4 wins easily. I love my Evo, but I also miss having the iPhone. But luckily I still have my iPad so I can still enjoy my apps, and also use my Evo as a hotspot for wifi connectivity.

9. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I don't know about you guys, but my iPhone is as loose as they get.

10. Jelite macrumors 6502a

11. illutionz macrumors 65816

When Palm Pre won against Droid Incredible, I know that poll is a piece of crap...

Android > WebOS anyday :eek::eek:

12. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Idk if Android>WebOS, but when i saw that the Palm Pe won against the Incredible the same thing ran through my head.

13. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

How many iPhone 4's have sold compared to the EVO. That'd show more accurate results on what people prefer.

14. Mshilling macrumors regular

I'm in the exact same boat. Evo owner now after returning the iphone 4. The iphone was better at some things, but I was bored with the UI and after all it is a phone and it did that worse than my old moto razr. I use the ipad to get my apple fix in and I don't miss the iphone at all. With froyo being available this coming week the few things I don't love about it should be fixed.

15. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

when I click the link the poll says 566 votes iphone to 5 votes evo, but the EVO is winning?

I must not understand how polls work. Either that or it has something to do with loosing.

16. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

lame thread

This thread is loosing out to repetitiveness and lameness. Smells like fear.

17. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

I noticed it too. THOSE poll results make more sense to me. I believe it's just a typo and the iPhone actually has 90% of the votes.

18. diabolic macrumors 68000

Let me know when the EVO beats the iPhone in sales. That's probably the number that really matters.

19. illutionz macrumors 65816

The only thing WebOS is great is their multitasking interface... other than that their whole ecosystem is tiny and super slow phone if you have more than around 4 cards open...

Android is a pretty good platform with speedy iteration and many good applications (more and more major developers are doing Android now that they are very successful with iOS).

One major problem of Android for me is the inconsistent UI inside each app and even those icons... I mean come on some of the apps still have the old style (pre 2.0) angled icon. Someone please update the damn apps!!!

But in Gingerbread 3.0 Google is going to take it to their hands and make the UI more consistent. I hope this will nudge their developers to the right direction in terms of unifying their UI

20. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Definitely I don't think these figures represent things truthfully.

21. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

22. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but Froyo won't fix the EVO's poor battery life, increase the resolution of its screen, or reduce its uncomfortable size... so I'd still prefer the iPhone 4.

Hey, you may get flash running though. Be sure to carry your charging cables.

23. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

The public speaks with their wallet. So I think it's safe to say the iPhone 4 is the overwhelming favorite!

24. lilo777 macrumors 603

It would. But it would not show which phone is better. EVO being a new comer and on a small wireless network in US is never going to get the same amount of users as iPhone no matter how good it is.

25. capn7 macrumors member

To who? The CEOs or the consumers?