iPhone 4 + Magic Mountain = ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Benji222, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Any ideas on how to keep my iPhone 4 safe?
    Or, should I just not bring it.. I cant think of anything other than an old PSP case.

2. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I wouldn't bring it unless necessary. Which defeats the purpose of a cell phone because your supposed to be able to carry them with you everywhere. I wouldn't trust myself with my iPhone @ Magic Mountain unless I had an OtterBox for it...

3. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Be safe and leave it at home. Don't know if it can take the g forces on Goliath.

4. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

No Otterbox haha.
    Uhh. Thanks for the input :D

True dat I guess. I dont have another ****** ATT phoen to bring though >.<

5. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Don't take it?
    I think there's hecka rollercoastesr.
    If you have like an old camera case that has a caribiner on it?
    You could hook the caribiner to your belt loops. And put it on your pocket. It won't fall out. I went ziplining over a canyon and put my camera and iPhone in there, and it was fine.

6. Techlover90 macrumors member

put in a friend's bag or purse and before you get on a ride, leave it where passengers can leave their sunglasses,shoes,purses,backpacks,etc...

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I honestly don't get this. Every phone I've ever had, including the iPhone, has gone everywhere with me. Going on a water ride? Put the damn thing in a ziploc. Other than that, use a good case and take some reasonable precautions, but leave it behind? Why?!

8. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Put it in a zip lock bag. Put that in your front pocket. Then, from inside your pants, twist the pocket over so the phone can't come out.

Oh, pull your pants back up.

9. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Meh. Put it in a baggie, then keep it deep in your pocket when you're not using it. Or avoid the drenching rides.

The things are actually pretty rugged. I'd hate to advise "keep it at home" since you'd miss all the photo ops. But it'd probably be prudent not to be taking photos with it when you're pulling several g's on the better rides...

Besides, it'll mostly be the heat this time of year that'll harm anything-- including you. Pickpockets and gangstas are other hazards to avoid.

Have fun!

10. apple.pseudofan macrumors regular

Tatsu ate my wife's 1st gen iPhone... Out of my pocket.

Both have been insured with StateFarm ever since.
    Never had an issue before that, then I lose a $600 phone. Don't be too reckless.

11. MACis122 macrumors regular

well if you can't spend a dollar to get a locker probably shouldn't have the phone

12. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

Locker=pointless, no pictures. Ill talk with my friends and see whats up.
    Thank you all :D

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wear a zipper cargo shorts and zip it up. Can't go anywhere.

Leaving it at home is silly. It's a phone, not some precious item.

14. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Dude don't bring it unless you have a pocket that can be zipped closed. I was there with my bro two weeks ago. His keys flew out of his pocket on tatsu, and an hour later his phone flew out on scream. I spent every ride with my hands over my pockets. You'll want to have them up in the air on X2!!

15. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

Damn! This place sounds fun as hell! I wanna go!
    Anyways, ziplock + cargo pants= perfect solution.

16. army91c macrumors 6502a

Wow what is going on with this country? You really needed to come into a forum to ask people what you should do with a phone while you're at an amusement park? This isn't something you could figure out on your own? Pretty pathetic.
    freakin sandwich bag and a pocket.

17. dfnj123 macrumors 6502a

I rode Kingda Ka (the tallest and faster roller coaster in the world) two days ago with my iPhone 4 in a buttoned pants pocket... the iPhone only had a bumper on it... it was fine, no damage at all...

I rode about 5 or 6 other coaster that same day as well... many looping and in excess of 70 mph

Just be careful and use common sense... the phone will be fine

18. Hrdluck13 macrumors member

Magic Mountain! Fine for kids but your iPhone won't survive...hahahahahahaha.. Take the phone just put it in your pocket on rides!

19. showkati macrumors regular

Get 2 pairs of knee high socks and slip the phone between the 2 layers. This way you wont get your leg sweat or hair on the phone itself. The phone will stay 100% secure. Just make sure to push the phone down to your ankles before the ride begins.

20. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

why do you need your phone on a roller coaster?

21. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

(your) iPhone 4 + Magic Mountian = HD vidjyo of many lulz.

Oh make sure when (not if) your phone breaks that you get a reaction shot. Youtube loves reaction shots.

22. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

This...in cargo shorts pocket. It's not complicated.

Please do this in a restroom. Don't want to get an indecency arrest. ;)

23. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Take it with you. As others suggested use a zip lock bag for the water rides. If you wear cargo style shorts put in a side pocket and fasten the closed.

I just spent the day at Islands of Adventure and Universal Orlando with no problems at all.

They are pretty rugges as someone else said. Just use common sense.

24. chambo macrumors newbie

I took mine to Orlando for 4 days of amusement parks a couple of weeks ago and my iPhone survived just fine. Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios...and I rode all the big roller coasters and did the water rides in each park. Not even the new Harry Potter ride could harm it! I took reasonable precautions to protect it, including a ziplock bag for water rides. I didn't even think about not taking it since I wanted to take a lot of pic's and video. Btw-pic's and vid's look great.

25. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

If your that worried, and rightly so, I'd use an older cellphone or not bring it at all. That way you can just relax and have a good time so you won't have to worry about your new iPhone 4 :D Come on you're on vacation!