iPhone 4: nearly full-delete pictures?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by oaktree, Jun 26, 2013.

1. oaktree macrumors regular

My daughter's iPhone 4 (16 gb) just notified her that her phone is almost full. Since she is at the beach for the week, and can't back it up on her computer, I told her to delete pictures that she knows have already been backed up.

Is that what she should do? Any other advice?

The good news is that she is getting a brand new iPhone 5 32gb, on the day she returns from her trip. We just have to limp along until Sunday.

2. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Or delete movies, music or apps that are taking up space. Go into Settings->General->Usage, and take a look at the list under Storage of what's taking up the most space, and then start deleting the larger items that she can do without until she gets home. Any apps on there that are large can be put back on once she's home, as everything is saved to iCloud.

3. oaktree thread starter macrumors regular

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

How lucky of her. Just hope the 4 doesn't fall into the pool before then. :eek:

5. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Thats the best way to go about it. I do this every so often with the 16gb model.

6. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

with all my apps and media, i always leave about 5 GB free. even if shoot a couple of videos my phone never gets full. but in any case, icloud is your friend, if the photos are in photo stream, then you can delete them off the phone.

7. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Remove things that can be re-downloaded such as apps, purchased music. Try to preserve things like pictures unless photostream is setup.

8. oaktree thread starter macrumors regular

This is my very careful child, so I would be surprised if that happened, but you never know!

Yes, she is lucky. This is her graduation present.