iphone 4 new antenna rumor

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tarzanman, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

from http://gizmodo.com/5626570/rumor-new-iphone-4-antenna-design-coming-late-september
    and http://www.macrumors.com/2010/08/31...hardware-revision-coming-by-end-of-september/

CanalMX reports [Google translation] on comments from an executive at Mexican carrier Telcel claiming that Apple is set to release a revised version of the iPhone 4 by the end of September to address the highly-publicized antenna issue.

The exec says that Telcel customers are able to get the free iPhone 4 case until September 30, when it expires (in the US as well). This meshes with what we've been hearing behind the scenes at Apple, that they're working on an actual hardware solution to the antennas—one that doesn't hide the antenna, but either coats it or changes the material to something that doesn't react so badly with your skin.

2. tigert07 macrumors regular

3. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

THERE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ANY HARDWARE CHANGES FOR THE iP4!!!!

IF Apple were even contemplating that idea they would have IMMEDIATELY stopped selling iPhone 4s.

4. alexberry macrumors member

precisely.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

6. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I actually don't care if they do, I'm loving using my iPhone and it's perfect.

Having said that, IF they are to make any hardware revision I'm willing to bet they won't announce it.

7. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

8. shandyman Suspended

like a mexican carrier would know this info.... i'll wait til i hear it from apple before i believe it....

9. BobHail macrumors 6502a

Hahaha! I told you so! It´s going to happen! :D

Silent fix!

10. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Because you subscribe to all iPhone news coming from a Mexican carrier? :rolleyes:

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

IF they were gonna do a revised anetnna IF!! they did they would need to offer a free replacement to people effected otherwise whats the point

12. BobHail macrumors 6502a

Of course not. They got free cases remember! ;)

13. BobHail macrumors 6502a

Nope. Just common sense.

14. chembox macrumors 6502a

So this is that long-term fix that happens after September 30th. :eek:

15. samcraig macrumors P6

When someone posts the FCC recertification for the antenna adjustment - let me know. Until then - it's all malarky.

16. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Clearly you have a different definition of 'common sense' than everyone else.

Agreed, a sensible post for once.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

Actually - common sense dictates that since Apple has taken the stance that there is no Antenna issue - they will not do any "fix."

The second they do any fix - they'd open themselves up to an entirely new crapstorm....

18. Fantasy Guy macrumors member

But you don't actually know this for sure, do you?

19. BobHail macrumors 6502a

Didn´t you watched the keynote where the admitted there is an antenna issue, although they played it down, but still an issue.

People had two choises: 1. Keep the phone with the antenna issue and get a free case. 2. Return the phone.

After September Apple can do whatever they please and no one can whine about it. It´s very clear that they don´t want to manufacture anymore these flawed phones, so silent fix will come.

Deal with it!

20. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

21. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

DAMN YO TECHNICALITY!!! lol

even if it was a replacement service I have the issue of proving I can reproduce it at my local apple store as the death grip works everywhere but there lol

22. w4rmk macrumors regular

I returned my iPhone 4 for a refund right after the Apple press conference and have been waiting patiently for October 1st to see what (if anything) Apple does. I'll be surprised if they just discontinue the free case offer and leave future buyers on their own for a solution to a bad antenna design. If they do that I'll just keep my 3gs until the iPhone 5 comes out (or maybe give one of the new Android phones a try).

23. samcraig macrumors P6

I saw the press conference - it wasn't a keynote. And there's no fix because Apple's stance was that there is no issue - that ALL PHONES exhibit this. The free case program was to shut people up.

I don't agree with Apple. But the message coming out of Cuppertino is clear. The Antenna is the best they've had on any iPhone. Again - it's not a question of whether or not it's a fact. It's their messaging.

If they change their stance, they will shoot themselves in the foot.

No silent fix. Sorry. And any fix would not and could not be silent. FCC would have to re-certify and within a week any change would be all over the blogosphere.

But if it helps you sleep at night with the idea of problem-free iPhones dancing in your head coming off the production line - feel free

24. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

finally the voice of reason +1

25. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Yeah right! Apple, stop raking in the cash?... surely you jest.