iPhone 4...New owner

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WRIGHTRACING, Dec 7, 2010.

1. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

Went and bought Jesus Phone 4 today. Got it from RadioShack for $150.

I had a 3G, and sold it on eBay to buy the i4. So I know the basics. Are there any other tricks I should know about.:apple::D

2. wordoflife, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

If its not your first iPhone, you probably know most about the phone already before you even opened up the box.

Enjoy your phone :)

3. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

Mainly I need to know how to make sure apps aren't staying running in the background. I figured the double click home button and - all of them, but is there anything I can do to get them to close after so long, or an app to close them all at once???

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You probably know 80% of it.
    There's a few features that are i4 and 3GS only but the more you play/use it the more you will become more familiar.

You dont need to worry about that.
    The iOS takes care of it, if it needs any more system resources it will shut some down and manage memory automaticly.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's just the multitasking bar (should be called a task switcher). It shows you nothing more than a recent task list. Trust iOS to know what to keep running and what no to. There is absolutely no need close any of the apps in the bar unless they won't run or keep crashing.

6. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

So what if I click on Pandora, or another app that constantly uploads...when does iOS shut it off???

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Pandora, you use the music controls to pause it and iOS kills the background process when another app needs it's memory.
    Some other app that uploads, there is a time restriction on how long an app can upload in the background. I don't remember the exact limit.

8. WRIGHTRACING thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info....Hope for the best. I haven't really played with it any, but maybe when I get a chance tomorrow I can.

9. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Welcome aboard! Your new 4 is like the 3G on crack. Enjoy it :D

10. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

The iPhone 4 is amazing and FAST. Especially when coming from an Android system like myself.

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The ONLY time you need to do this is if a program is actuing screwy.

Like, sometimes I'll have a game refuse to play sound. Or maybe Google Maps won't load traffic. Exit the app and do this to force-quit it. It usually clears up the problem.

This isn't common, I do it once a week at the most, usually. But it's good to know.

There is no other time when you need to worry about removing apps from that bar.