Iphone 4 No Commitment .. anyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by srbh, Jun 26, 2010.

1. srbh macrumors newbie

So has anyone been able to get hold of Iphone 4 w/ no commitment option?

If yes, then how? Process and formalities performed.. !!

Also, as has been discussed .. can you get an iphone to take back to your country, in my case India, if I buy it at no commitment and pay some dues.

:)

2. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

I think the BEST way to do it is pay full price for your iPhone, or buy it on eBay. Or wait for the next iPhone.

3. srbh thread starter macrumors newbie

i have a friend who can get done all the formalities.. I just need a safe secure way through which I can get hold of an iphone which I can take back to India and his credit history is not ruined.. !!

in short, a way to get an iphone 4 .. no strings attached !!

4. brightlights macrumors regular

In the UK they are sold completely SIM free without contract by Apple.

16GB is £499, 32GB is £599.

5. srbh thread starter macrumors newbie

@britelite.. i know friend but my friend stays in States and he is travelling back by 20th july .. and he can submit all documentation or formalities .. so thats why need it from states only..
    thanks for ur reply though ..

first question still remains .. hasnt anyone bought a no contract phone yet??

6. brightlights macrumors regular

They aren't sold SIM free in the US, contract only. As far as I'm aware the UK (or eBay UK) would be your best bet.

7. myztikal47 macrumors regular

I bought it at no commitment pricing for $748 including tax for the 32gb model although the apple store still needed all my AT&T account information.

8. srbh thread starter macrumors newbie

i m expecting a jailbreak .. will buy it only after its announced.. just getting ground work ready ..

someone who has bought a no commitment.. ?? anyone !! i guess they are not selling it like that right now ..

9. srbh thread starter macrumors newbie

@mystikal.. please elaborate ... what all info did they ask.. my friend will be a new customer.. can he get iphone 4 from apple for no commitment since he doesnt have any ATT history.. and do they sign you on a month plan .. or do they allow you to keep it as ipod touch and take plan whenever u want to ..? i hope u get my query?

10. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

You still have to be an AT&T customer to buy it at no commitment pricing.

11. myztikal47 macrumors regular

As fishkorp said, you still have to be an existing AT&T customer to purchase it at the no commitment pricing.

12. srbh thread starter macrumors newbie

what i intend to do is that walk into an apple store and tell them that i am gifting it to a friend.. he will take the plan on his own ..

can i do that .. i m paying full price so i shud be able to get one set and activate whenever i want.. i understand that its locked to ATT and in US i will have to take their plan.. but for the time being i dont want any . just the handset ..

what my question really is .. if i get a no commitment phone home .. or gift it to someone.. is there any way i can hold off the monthly payment plan and use it as brick with no pressures from ATT or apple.. i have paid in full u see..

13. srbh thread starter macrumors newbie

existing customer?? are you sure... i think he meant u will have to be a customer..

14. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

In the States, as of now, Apple and ATT will not sell anyone an iPhone without a 2 year commitment. With so many still waiting they won't sell to people who won't sign a contract.

It may be available in 2-3 months without subscription.

15. nph macrumors 6502a

I bought one at 'no commitment' in an Apple store and only had to sign that I understand only ATTM would provide the service. No problem to buy but hard to activate since it didn't seem to work with the GoPhone sim I bought.

My reason is that I have an iPhone through work but they would not upgrade and mine was 2 generations old so I will use it for work once it is activated and I somehow can change the sim since we now have the micro-sim...

16. stackshady macrumors member

I bought an iPhone off eBay for $700 + overnight shipping.

When I plugged into iTunes, it was showing the seller's phone number. I went to AT&T, and they swapped SIM cards and it still showed the old number. Called Apple, and talked to a supervisor. He escalated it further and they are now supposed to call me back and delete the old number. Still awaiting that call with 36+ hours passed. Good luck!

BTW, you CAN NOT buy a no commitment online. However, you can buy it on eBay or in the actual Apple retail store assuming they have stock.

17. tekniklyrawly macrumors member

********. I got mine. No at&t

Yes. I got mine. Non commitment and non AT&T
    Don't listen to all this bs, trust me if u want something bad, you can get it,
    Don't forget we live in a capitalist society. USA
    Contact me, and I'll give u all the details
    I will show you proof

18. srbh thread starter macrumors newbie

@tekniklyrawly.. how do i contact you?

@stackshady .. i have never used ebay .. what happens when i get it on someone elses number.. i mean didnt the apple guys or ATT guys ask you how did u get hold of one??
    @nph.. got it activated or not?

19. TraceyS/FL macrumors 601

Keep in mind he is going to be activating it in India, not as easy to make all these phone calls if needed.

Hopefully you find a way to make it work, i don't think it is going to be easy right now though. If it were me I'd probably wait and buy it sim free from the UK on ebay.

20. tekniklyrawly macrumors member

Yeah. But he did not say anything about. Programming or activating it in India
    He wants to know if it's possible to get it non commit. W/o AT&T
    Getting involved
    Plus he says he gots things lined up
    Text me
    Hurry two minutes and I will erase my number

21. stackshady macrumors member

You don't have to tell them, but I said I bought it off eBay. There is nothing that says you can't do that. They will switch the number for you...even if it's stolen, unfortunately.

22. srbh thread starter macrumors newbie

@teknikrawly .. give me your email mitr.. as i said i am in india.. only my friend is in states right now .. or better email a HI to saurabh.rana@gmail.com

23. tekniklyrawly macrumors member

Stacks. When you bought yours off eBay
    Did you already have an AT&T account and just popped your sim into the iphone4
    Or did you get a new account
    Cuz I gotbmine non commit. Thinking I would use it as pay as you go. Until the JB and unlock came out
    But I can't use it as pay as u go????? Any ideas how I can use my iphone4. For right now Until the unlock comes out

24. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

If you have a at&t already you just need to swap your info from ur SIM to a microsim and pop it in the iPhone 4.

25. mburk macrumors newbie

I bought mine at no commitment pricing through Apple's online store on pre-order day. $724 for 32GB. Received on the 23rd, no contract extension, and an existing customer.