iPhone 4 Not Being Delivered on the 24th as Promised!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joco, Jun 23, 2010.

1. joco macrumors member

Placed my order one 6/15. Order status has always said delivered by 6/24.

Order has shown "Prepared for Shipment" since the 21. Spoke to Apple every day since then... now they are saying my order may not arrive on 6/24. They claim they are waiting confirmation from ATT. Sounds fishy to me....

Anyone else have similar story???

2. macrat macrumors regular

Same here. It's been "Prepared For Shipment" since Monday! Checked my card and it hasn't been charged yet although there is a pending order for $208.00. Also checked my AT&T account online and the upgrade eligibility has changed to Feb. 2011. Not sure what to think about that but I'm not too sure anymore if I'll receive one tomorrow, the 24th. I think somebody somewhere screwed this order.

3. punkdud macrumors newbie

Same thing here, 'prepared for shipment' since 21, spoke to apple everyday, assured that I'll have my phone on the 24th. I just got off the phone with them, and now they say it may ship out tomorrow.

4. drummer328i macrumors newbie

This same thing is happening to me. The whole thing is beginning to become very frustrating. The AT&T rep I spoke to claimed that they knew nothing about any kind of confirmation being needed on the apple orders. None of the Apple representatives can seem to give me a straight answer about the hold up either.

5. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

The whole shipping this is total crap. Some people get their phones two days early, and others who should have received theirs tomorrow won't be. I'm not in either camp as I will be picking up my reservation tomorrow, but it still stinks.

6. punkdud macrumors newbie

and to think i preordered to get around any problems of getting the phone on time.

7. joco thread starter macrumors member

Just spoke with Apple. Mr TorphyDeFortier from the AOS Escalations team confirmed that if you do not have a tracking number as of today... you will definitely NOT received your iPhone on the 24th, and will be lucky to receive it next week. There is a problem, he claims, with ATT getting the sim card activation going and we have to wait until that is cleared up.

All I got as a sorry was a free bumper case and iHome alarm clock. but no phone. I am SO PISSED!!!

8. rfmurphy81 macrumors newbie

Ugh. Really? I'm in the same situation, with my order waiting to be approved by AT&T. My upgrade eligibility hadn't been updated until about 4-5 hours ago. I really don't want to call Apple (because it sounds like everyone else is calling, which explains the 30 minute hold times) but can more people verify this?

9. fisherttm macrumors newbie

I actually just received my shipment information late tonight and all along the date was June 24th but now the email I got from Apple and what it says on Fedex says estimated delivery date is June 28th by 1030am.

10. rfmurphy81 macrumors newbie

Same here. I got my e-mail about an hour ago. When I called them yesterday, they said it was waiting approval from AT&T so I really hope that hasn't delayed me receiving this phone tomorrow. It's said Delivers on June 24th everywhere (during the order process, on the order status page while in Not Yet Shipped and Prepared for Shipment), plus they specifically mentioned June 24th on all the times I've called them.

Honestly, it's too late for me to call them or Fedex to confirm things. I really want to work from home tomorrow but, if the phone isn't coming until Monday, I'll need to work around that.

Has anyone who just received a Order Shipped email tonight (that ordered on 6/15) called either Apple or Fedex to find out more details? It's so hard to know what to trust any more with stories of early deliveries and delayed tracking information.

11. mateen110 macrumors regular

12. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Hold It!

I barely got my tracking number and it says the 28th when they promised the 24th BUT At the top of my tracking page it says this

IMPORTANT!
    Package deliveries are proceeding as normal; however tracking updates are temporarily being delayed. Please try back later.

And when I talked to an Apple Rep she told me I might get a tracking number but when I do it might say later than normal but that I will still get it on the 24th as promised..... we will see :confused:

13. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

If you guys don't get your pre-ordered iPhone on the 24th (from Apple, not sure what AT&T or anyone else would do) I would certainly call customer service and complain until you get yourself some free stuff.

My gf was in a very bitchy mood (bless her soul! :D) the other day. You know how girl get when they get angry, using all sorts of weird logic on you and just generally being very snappy? Yea, that one. She called to argue with them first for herself and then on my behalf about the fact that people received theirs EARLY and how that had ruined our launch experience. Granted it took a very long time but for herself she got a bumper and a charging dock and she got me a coupon for $100 off a $300 purchase which I plan on using on the white iPhone next month.

And that's with her barely having a case, you guys should be genuinely pissed for having pre-ordered and were promised a June 24th delivery. Not to mention so many people got it before you!

Get angry and get stuff :D :rolleyes:

14. tantyatx macrumors newbie

Its unfortunate but it seems they had to stagger shipments because they werent prepared for the overwhelming response. It does not appear to matter when you ordered or how you ordered. It's like they just randomly generate orders to go through in intervals.. no rhyme or reason best I can tell.

15. ignign0kt macrumors member

In the same boat here. Rep told me yesterday that I should still be getting it today. Which is impossible because it shipped this morning.
    FedEx tracking says I'll be getting it on the 28th...

16. fiddysent macrumors member

fiddysent

got mine yesterday :eek:

I smell ATT incompetence a mile away. sorry boiz

17. mantan macrumors 68000

'ruined our launch experience'

Wow....that's rich.

18. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Yeaah I didn't do that, I was just honest and nice to the rep because it's nothing they did wrong. They still gave me a free Bumper though... But they told me it still might come today.

19. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Well Apple did something wrong and should own up to it. That bumper costs them less than a dollar to make I bet.... Should have pushed for more in my opinion. They promised you a iPhone for launch day and you didn't get it. They screwed up, hold them accountable.

20. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

I think the important thing to take from all of this is...

You will all get your phones at some point. Will it be after someone else? Probably, seeing as people got their phones on Tuesday. But still, your phones are coming. Don't let a shipping delay or a slowed verification process or a jammed server ruin your day.

You will soon be able to bask in the warm (hopefully not yellowed) glow of your new iPhone.

21. nep61 macrumors 6502

Wow, Finally, someone with a sense of perspective !! Well done ! :)

22. joco thread starter macrumors member

Actually this is a HUGE DEAL.. The very act that they charged our cards BEFORE shipping violates Apple very own payment policy...

"Apple receives authorization to charge your account prior to shipping your item(s). However, your card will only be charged after your order has shipped. If your order contains multiple items and they ship at different times, you may see multiple charges on your credit card statement."

Source: http://store.apple.com/us/help/payments?mco=MTM3NDgzMzQ

23. nep61 macrumors 6502

Agreed, but it's not like a delay of a day or two (or more) is going to make that hugh of a difference with regard to your credit card bill.... unless of course if your billing date falls within Apple's ship date/charge date. Meaning you'll either pay it this month or next.

If it upsets people that much... cancel the order and run right down to the Apple store and get a new iPhone4... that way your credit card will be charged at the moment you receive the phone!!!

24. joco thread starter macrumors member

Incorrect. I used my debit card, so the funds have been taken out of my account. Its just like I paid cash for it. Now if I want to cancel my order, Apple says it takes 2-3 days for the return to be processed and to receive my money back.

EPIC FAIL!!