Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syniceboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
hey i just bought a iphone 4g from craigslist, and when i plug it in on itunes all it tells me is to put in the account holders zip code and last 4 digits of social.
Is there a way to bypass this screen?

Attachments

• iyunes.png
    iyunes.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    100 KB · Views: 59

ignus graius

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2005

I'm assuming you're in the US, which sells iPhones locked to AT&T. Currently there's no unlock for the iPhone 4 (to make it work on T-Mobile). It's likely that a jailbreak will be released soon, but it's probably going to be a while before the Dev Team (or geohot) will release an unlock for iPhone 4.

syniceboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I'm assuming you're in the US, which sells iPhones locked to AT&T. Currently there's no unlock for the iPhone 4 (to make it work on T-Mobile). It's likely that a jailbreak will be released soon, but it's probably going to be a while before the Dev Team (or geohot) will release an unlock for iPhone 4.

i dont even wanna jailbreak it, i just wanna get passed this activation screen

adster

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
i dont even wanna jailbreak it, i just wanna get passed this activation screen

But in order for you to get past the activation screen you HAVE to jailbreak it. In order for you to use it on T-Mobile, you have to unlock it.

You're stuck until the Jailbreak for iP4 is released (apparently sometime next week)

moonylove

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Hi there,

Im a noob to iphone and so sad to say I've bought a iphone 4 through ebay and my situation is the same as the person who started this thread.
Can anyone let me know so long the jailbreak is out for iphone 4 i can use it to bypass this activation part? Because i don't hope to spend so much money to realise my iphone 4 is as gd as only a paper weight... :( i hope anyone out there can enlighten me.. i don't mind waiting for the jailbreak so long it can let me bypass this activation thingy..

ignus graius

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2005
Hi there,

Im a noob to iphone and so sad to say I've bought a iphone 4 through ebay and my situation is the same as the person who started this thread.
Can anyone let me know so long the jailbreak is out for iphone 4 i can use it to bypass this activation part? Because i don't hope to spend so much money to realise my iphone 4 is as gd as only a paper weight... :( i hope anyone out there can enlighten me.. i don't mind waiting for the jailbreak so long it can let me bypass this activation thingy..

If you knew someone else with an iPhone 4, you could probably pop their SIM in your phone to activate it. This would give you access to the iPod/WiFi features, although you still wouldn't be able to use it on T-Mobile. You'd need an unlock for that, and an iPhone 4 unlock is probably a ways down the road.

steezy1337

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Carlisle, UK
If you knew someone else with an iPhone 4, you could probably pop their SIM in your phone to activate it. This would give you access to the iPod/WiFi features, although you still wouldn't be able to use it on T-Mobile. You'd need an unlock for that, and an iPhone 4 unlock is probably a ways down the road.

afaik he can unlock it with ultrasn0w as they said it unlocks all current basebands, it's the JB he needs. but that's still not due officially yet :(

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
afaik he can unlock it with ultrasn0w as they said it unlocks all current basebands, it's the JB he needs. but that's still not due officially yet :(

First of all, there is no way to access Ultrasn0w without jailbreaking a phone, the iPhone 4 jailbreak has not been released, so that is Fail #1

Second, Ultrasn0w only unlocks 4.26.xx thru 5.13.xx. The new baseband of the iPhone 4 is 1.59.00 which Ultrasn0w cannot unlock, so that is Fail #2

There may be a jailbreak for iPhone 4 in the not too distant future, but as for an unlock perhaps it will be a while. The baseband uses a security check system which has never been seen before, so it may take some time to unlock it.

It was very risky to buy an iDevice that might not be usable for quite some time. Perhaps those of you buying these off eBay should have researched at least a little bit before buying these ;)

babby

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2008
Are you trying to activate on AT&T or tmobile

Hi there,

Moonylove - are you trying to activate on att or tmobile?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.