iPhone 4 on GoPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by starstuff22, Aug 19, 2010.

1. starstuff22 macrumors newbie

Okay so I've done some research and this is supposedly how GoPhone on iPhone 4 will work.

1. Buy new iPhone 4 on eBay or at the Apple Store.

2. Buy AT&T 3G prepaid sim card on eBay.

3. Activate sim online or call the people and enter the iPhone's mei thing? :confused: (haha i pretty much have no idea what that is)

4. Set up prepaid plan.

5. Cut sim card so it will fit in the iPhone.

6. Put in iPhone and add airtime credit.

Are these steps correct? Do I need to jailbreak or anything? :eek: It would really help if someone cleared some things up. Thanks! :apple:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I would buy a USED iPhone 4 on eBay. Why?

A brand new iPhone 4 will only activate the first time using the phone number for which it was purchased and the last four of the SS# and the zip code.

There was someone who bought a new iPhone 4 on eBay and couldn't get it to activate because it needed the buyers SS# and zip and phone number. He had no choice but to file a claim.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, it gets tricky when using an i4 thats tied into someone elses account and has never been activated.

5. jRight macrumors newbie

I have a brand new iPhone 4. How do I get it activated with my existing pick your plan iPhone plan with unlimited data?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You plug it to itunes and activate it by cutting your original sim to microsim size.