iPhone 4 or wait for iPhone 5 go with AT&T or Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmlred, Mar 8, 2011.

  1. rmlred macrumors regular

    Jan 27, 2010
    Rockwell, NC
    My contract with sprint is now up and I'm a huge fan of Apple so I'm trying to get an iPhone. I was gonna go pick it up this weekend on AT&T, but then realized its only 3 months until normal update time, I have the HTC EVO currently and I love the big screen and I dont think Apple has a choice but to go with the 4in screen with the next iPhone. I waited for 4 months for my MBP and it wasnt that bad but then again it was.
    Do I get it now on AT&T? Will I be able to upgrade when the next one comes out?

    Do I get it now on Verizon? Will I be able to upgrade when the next one comes out?

    Who ever has the most bang for the buck is who Im going with.
  2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

    Jul 30, 2010
    Will you be on a family plan or individual plan? How many people if on family
    I would wait as you already have a smartphone and it's only 3 months
  3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816


    Apr 11, 2007
    If you buy one now you definitely will not be able to upgrade when the new ones come out in June. I would wait. It's only 3 months. You'll be okay.

    As for AT&T vs. Verizon, it depends on coverage in your area. I have great coverage with ATT and love them, but lots of people complain. I've heard Verizon's data is much slower, and you can't do data and voice at the same time. A lot of people scoff at this and say it's not important, but wait until you're using Google Maps in your car and have to take a phone call. All of a sudden your directions evaporate.
  4. celo48 macrumors 6502a

    Apr 9, 2010
  5. jav6454 macrumors P6


    Nov 14, 2007
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    Wait, it's three more months, not way I'd recommend the iPhone 4 at this point. Also, stick to AT&T if you want the best iPhone experience.
  6. rmlred thread starter macrumors regular

    Jan 27, 2010
    Rockwell, NC
    Ive decided to wait for the next iPhone, will probably get it with AT&T unless it comes to Sprint by then.(don't see that happening for a while, but then again never know what SJ is thinking) Ive also decided to go with the 2Gb data plan instead of the 200mb plan, that way I don't have to worry about over usage fees. Ill be sticking with my EVO until the next release.

    Thanks for your input and feel free to express your thoughts about the iPhone going to Sprint.

Share This Page