iPhone 4 owners: are you happy with your phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thermal, Jul 19, 2010.

1. thermal macrumors regular

My initial excitement about the iPhone 4 has turned into a sense of caution. Reading these forums, it's easy to get the impression the iPhone 4 is plagued with multiple catastrophic problems that render it virtually unusable.

The iPhone 4 goes on sale here in Canada on July 30th. As a 3G owner, I'd love to hear from iPhone 4 owners whether you're happy with your phone and you think the 'upgrade' is worthwhile, or would you recommend skipping this generation and waiting for the 4G?

Thank you kindly.

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Coming from a 3G myself, I am very happy. The 3G was painful to use for the past few months. Only problem is all the dropped calls. I had a lot on the 3G (liquid damage - look through my posts to find out how if you're interested), but it's more than double on my iPhone 4 and my case isn't helping.

edit: I should also mention that even if I had paid the full $200 (over $100 in credit from AT&T when upgrading), I would have no regrets. I am still very happy with it coming from a 3G.

3. 2of3 macrumors member

I came from a 3G too, luckily to a seemingly perfect model, assuming you get the same believe me you will love the speed difference. I couldn't give this phone up for anything now :)

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Also came from a 3G. Phone is a lot faster, screen is beautiful, battery is amazing. Was able to get the reception bars to drop but with a case on, don't have a problem anymore.

5. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

i've had all the iphones and this one is by far the best IMO...just wait until jailbreak is out...when it does, this phone will be the bombdiggity!

7. randomerratum macrumors 6502

8. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I'm very happy with my phone. While I did have to exchange it because of problems, I now have a phone that works perfectly, and I couldn't be happier :) I have no antenna/dropped call problems. I came from a 3G and the difference with speed, camera, ect, is huge.

I'd go for it. If you don't like it you can always return it, but I think you should at least give it a try :)

9. hadleydb macrumors 6502

hadleydb

I would never take my iPhone 4 back. I haven't had a single dropped call, and I love it. It's been great! Came from a 3G and had the original.

10. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Two words: Love. It.

Had a 3GS, and am very, very happy with the 4. I can sometimes affect the displayed bars with the "death grip" if I try (though not so much with the new algorithm), but have yet to have that affect me in any practical way during normal use. It's a novelty; a total non-issue for me.

The screen is unbelievable, and the phone itself is a really nice piece of manufacturing -- the build quality is like no other piece of electronics I'm aware of on the market.

11. rider96 macrumors member

Also thrilled. I was formerly on Verizon and reseached all of the Droids - even had an Evo on order (was going to go to Sprint) but had second thoughts because of the talk of battery problems and some screen separation issues that the Droid forums were discussing. Purchased the iPhone 4 on the first day it was out and I am very, very impressed by it. I got the bumper when I purchased it so antenna reception has not been an issue with me. Frankly i have been surprised that there has been so much focus on the antenna issue when for me (with the bumper) there have been no problems at all. And the phone is awesome - fast, crystal clear screen, good camera, tons of apps - I could go on and on!!!

12. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Went from the original to the iPhone 4. Absolutely zero regrets so far.

13. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Why else would I be surfing these forums...on my iPhone 4? :)

Came from the 3G, could not be more pleased. Best iPhone yet. Definitely a keeper...may actually keep this one longer than a couple years.

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4

14. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Peanut207

I'm loving my iPhone 4! Best phone out there by far IMO. Can't imagine owning any other phone. Brilliant piece of technology. Got it on launch day and I'm still amazed by it. Just finished editing some video and pics from tonight while out with my girl using iMovie right from the iphone 4...amazing. :)

15. Savor Suspended

Savor

Yes.

The Retina display makes your photos taken from a $200 P&S camera look like it came from a DSLR! You may not notice it right away, but compare the old screen with it and you will notice how amazing your pictures will look. My Japan photo album taken with the 3MP setting looks like it was taken from a professional photographer. Like jumping from standard TV to HDTV. There is a point of no return for me after I saw this screen.

That alone is worth the price of admission to happiness.

16. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I like iPhone, it's got a great display, good battery life, and a ton of apps that I really enjoy, just got the invite for hulu plus. Yes mine has the reception issue, and just cause I love my iPhone doesn't mean I'm gonna shut up about the problems it has, but overall it's still the best smart phone out there, it's just apple is being a pain lately.

17. Makaveliarts macrumors 6502

Yes, I am extremely happy with my iP4. Retina + Gyro + 720P recording... Awesome.

18. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

My first iPhone, and I absolutely love it, and if anyone ever tries to take it away from me I will beat them to death.

19. suade8880 macrumors member

The best antenna system ever! No really..I'm serious...here with my great 3g coverage i'm geting better reception than any other phone I ever had. Quality design in a slim form factor, best display, better than average battery, great camera, video chating feature and more. Don't be leary on what people and media are saying out there. Don't let them take away the opportunity to have one of the best phone ever. Try it...you don't like it..return it. But you will have 90% chance of loving it. I guaruntee ya.

20. The Governor macrumors regular

I am also quite happy with mine as well. The screen is hands down the best out there....for now. And the camera BLOWS my evos out of the water.

I haven't experienced death grip or dropped calls, but the dang proximity sensor is killing me. I've already replace the phone once and I'm afraid I may have to change this one now too

21. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

I told my mom to hold on to her 3G when the iP4 arrived, but she was too excited. She loves FaceTime, but our calls to one another have dropped much more frequently than they did 3G to 3GS. I dunno. She's in a small town, and I'm in NYC. When we do FT from her home, the calls don't drop.

22. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

23. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

24. mmyers0520 macrumors regular

reception got better and update fixed my prox sensor so YEP happy now! :)