iPhone 4 Poor Battery Life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w00t951, Sep 5, 2011.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

How many people are finding that their iPhone 4s have been exhibiting less than satisfactory battery life lately?

Mine has been dropping several percent even while in sleep for an hour.

I got mine on launch day.

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

If you have Apple Care you can get either a battery replacement or an iPhone replacement.

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed with my iPhone 4's battery life. I really really hope the iPhone 5 has a better battery life

4. B J M macrumors member

B J M

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Same situation as OP, it's still fine but nowhere near what it used to be. But It won't matter much longer when I sell this for the 5! :D

5. Kenjhee macrumors regular

This is the main factor I declined to buy the iPhone 4 in the first place (the other being the glass back :(). I'm sure hoping the 5 has a little more legs as I am getting tired of joking that the model number on iPhones is actually the battery standby time in hours. :D

6. sm.wilson macrumors member

y'all need to restore your phones.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137

7. Kenjhee macrumors regular

8. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Err how would you know it has poor battery life then? Mine has very good battery life-surely better than a lot of other phones.

9. twitt3r macrumors 6502

You all want phones with better performance, larger screens and a thinner form factor, yet you also want better battery life?! LMFAO!

Until battery technology significantly improves you can expect equivalent battery life as per the iPad 2 vs iPad, and at best maybe 5 - 10% more, which on an already poor battery life is still poor.

10. brapmac740 macrumors member

brapmac740

Are you guys playing Angry Birds/Cut the Rope on these these things like console gaming systems? They're not built for you to be on them all day.

I can't complain about my battery life. I had a droid, it played iheartradio @100% battery life for 2 hours and was straight dead. I can get 6 hours of streaming music on my iPhone4. How can you people complain about that?

Not to mention I can get over 12 hours when using only the built-in iPod. I'm a registered nurse and have my phone's ipod playing low through the speakers and I start the night at 100% and when I give report (12.5 hours later) I still have roughly 25-35% battery life left. On top of that I constantly reference my drug handbook apps for drug interactions between patients. That's a ton of use...YOUUUU CAN'T BEAT THAT PEOPLE. How much better can battery life get with all the performance this phone is pumping out.

11. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

My iPhone 4 battery has been more than satisfactory and hasn't changed noticeably in over a year, on average twice that of my old 3G. My battery usage in the Settings menu is usually 8 hours before i need to recharge (or about 2/3 days for me) and thats with 3G, wifi and push enabled :) :apple:

12. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Of course you can, because sooner or later battery technology will improve and so will the efficiency of the phone itself.

13. Kenjhee macrumors regular

I trust all the smart people here. You seem smart...what kind do you get?

14. cinek macrumors 6502

Usage since full charge: 3h, standby 1day 13 hours - down to 65% not sure if that's good or bad, connected to wifi most of the day, emails from 5 addresses are getting pushed to my phone all day n night

15. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

That's at par with most of us
    Getting approx 8 hours on each charge..

16. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

17. cinek macrumors 6502

18. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

i had my launch iPhone 4 swapped a few weeks ago, and my new iPhone 4, has shocking battery compared to my launch, doesnt bother me to much as it gets though the day, but odd

19. cinek macrumors 6502

you got a refurbished model, which could have been used untill e.g. last month by someone else

20. Lotso macrumors 6502

Lotso

Yes but they replace the batteries and the screens in the replacement phones.

21. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

Well ive just swapped it again, as i had another problem with the home button, so will see how this one goes in the battery department!

Odly though it feels faster!

22. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

What do you consider poor battery life?

i'm getting at least

6 hours, 30 minutes to over 7 hours usage
    and at least 1, day 10 hours in standby..sometimes over 2 days.

which is good to me

23. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

well i cant remember exactly what i was getting but if i left my launch iPhone 4 on and not charging overnight i would have around 92% battery life and after a days use, i would get home with around 45% battery life.

The one swapped out today, had around 83% in the morning and about 30% battery at the end of the day!

24. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Well overnight in standby i lose between 2 and 4 % over say a 6/7 hour period.

25. sm.wilson macrumors member

Battery life issues are SOFTWARE. Reset all settings/ restore the phone. If you must be ignorant, apple technicians can run diagnostics that will almost undoubtedly say your battery is FINE.

Every iPhone I have had at one point burned through battery. They either worked themselves out, or the issue was corrected when I performed a software restore or update.

You see the exact same thing with poorly managed software on Android and Symbian phones. It happens over time with iPhones with the right luck and abuse.