iPhone 4 Proclip Mount now available for pre-order!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BobboZR2, Jul 12, 2010.

1. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

A couple weeks ago I emailed Proclip USA as to when they will have an iPhone 4 vehicle mount available. They replied that they were working on it and would email me when it became available for pre-order/ordering. I just received an email that the iPhone 4 mounts are available for pre-order (shipping July 16th).

Check out http://www.proclipusa.com to order.

I love my Proclip mount for my 3G/3GS and could not wait for one for my iPhone 4. While my 3G/3GS mount fits the new phone fairly well already with my iFrogz Luxe Lean case, I want to go naked with the phone from time to time and want a mount that's specifically designed with the iPhone 4's new square edges in mind. I can't wait to get it. Love their products!

Edit: Hmmmm....Upon further reading of the adjustable mount description it appears that it doesn't fit the iPhone 4 naked. I like having the adjustability when I opt to use a case but also want the option of going naked. Hmmm.....decisions.

2. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

I'm using the one meant for a case and it doesn't fit the iPhone naked but works fine with my iPhone 4 with the Incipio feather.

3. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Even though it's not supposed to ship until the 16th just received an email stating my order has shipped. Who knows it may just be the car mount though.

4. bilbo--baggins macrumors 6502a

I have the version for the 3G without a case. The iPhone 4 is a little loose but it's usable. Are any iPhone 4 cases able to fit in the 3G version?

5. lnferno macrumors 6502

I just ordered the ProClip Center Mount and Holder with Tilt Swivel for the iPhone4 w/bumper.

Looking forward to getting this installed.

6. Buddhaluver macrumors regular

Buddhaluver

Anyone who buys this please post pix and a review. I would be interested in owning this as well.

7. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Don't have my camera but received mine July 16th. Installation was a breeze. I purchased the Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel. It's a very tight fit, so you know it's secure, but that also means don't even think about using a case unless you get one specifically designed for a case or bumper because it won't fit.

8. F1 Speed macrumors member

Just recieved an e-mail today that my ProClip mount and holder w/ tilt swivel for the iPhone4 w/ Bumper shipped today. Will post pics when I get it.

9. lnferno macrumors 6502

What date did you order?

10. Nothlit macrumors regular

Does this one rotate horizontally? If so, does the iPhone remain firmly in place, or would it have a tendency to fall out if you hit bumps or took a sharp turn while it's horizontal? They have a holder with a horizontal support bracket supposedly in the works, but I'm a bit impatient and would like to go ahead and order the same holder you got if the horizontal support bracket is unnecessary.

11. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Yeah it rotates horizontally, and remains secure in doing so. When you assemble the clip and mount together, you choose how tightly or loosely you want the screws to move. So far no shaking, no moving around, nothing like that, stays in one place.

12. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

$79.99 for the holder and $34 or something for the dash mount :rolleyes:

No way in hell, nice setups they have though!

13. F1 Speed macrumors member

Received my ProClip mount and holder yesterday for my 04 Toyota Tundra and I must say that it is exactly what I was looking for. I ordered the holder for the iP4 w/ Apple Bumper and its really nice. 100% satisfied!!!

14. lnferno macrumors 6502

Fedex shows that it arrived -- it's sitting on my doorstep. I should be able to get some pics up tonight hopefully.

15. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

+1. Got mine over the weekend and it's great.

16. Sharkzilla macrumors newbie

I'm thinking this the way to go for me as well. Do you think the mount would be usable naked--i.e. while I wait for my bumper to arrive?

17. F1 Speed macrumors member

The mount itself would not present a problem but the holder will not work without the Apple Bumper if that is the one you ordered. I tryed mine without the Bumper and it fits way to loose. If you wanted to go Bumperless you would need to order another holder that is cut out to the profile of the iP4 without the Bumper. They have them on there site but that's getting expensive at $34.99 ea. to have different holders for different combinations. Been using mine W/ Bumper for a few days now and really like it a lot. It's expensive but I think you really get what you pay for compared to some of the other car mounts I've seen at a lesser price.

Holder without Bumper P/N 511164
    [​IMG]

Holder with Bumper P/N 511169
    [​IMG]

18. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

Is there any chance you can take some pictures and upload them?

The pictures on the ProClip website are mockups at best, and don't really show me anything.

My iPhone 3Gs mount was covered in a felt-like material, which made it easy for the phone to slide in and out. Is the iPhone 4 with Bumper mount covered with something to help it slide in and out?

19. F1 Speed macrumors member

I can take a pic without the phone in the holder tonight. The camara on my phone is the only one I have. The holder for the iP4 w/ Bumper is not lined but the holder that works without the Bumper is lined.

20. lnferno macrumors 6502

The mount has a groove in it so the iPhone w/Bumper slides right in:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=978665

21. TechJunky macrumors regular

Would the one made for the bumper fit with other cases too?

22. Nothlit macrumors regular

I got my padded tilt/swivel mount with passthrough dock connector yesterday. Fits my iPhone 4 (without bumper) just perfectly. The phone slides in and out easily, and once it snaps into the dock connector at the bottom, it stays in place very well. Does not rattle or come loose even when driving over bumpy roads. Easily rotates to landscape orientation for use with navigation apps. This is by far the best car mount solution I've used. I bought a $4 cable from Monoprice that has a male dock connector on one end (stays plugged into the bottom of the ProClip mount) and splits into male USB and 3.5mm audio on the other end. The USB plugs into a charging adapter (also cheap from Monoprice) and the audio plugs into the aux input of my radio. So all I have to do to hook up my phone for both charging and audio playback is just drop it into the ProClip mount! :) I'll try to post some photos after I get home this evening...

(Oh, I also have a ground loop isolator in the audio path, too, to prevent hum from the electrical system.)

23. carbonfly macrumors regular

Ordered 2 Pro Clips today. Hope they work with my Element Case when it arrives.

24. FieldingMellish Suspended

I don't get how these are worth $70.00 plus shipping.