Price Advice iPhone 4 resale value

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Stouver, May 1, 2012.

1. Stouver, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012

Stouver macrumors member

I plan to sell my iPhone 4 when the next gen is released and it is in mint condition with a case and screen protector. What would you figure they go for when that time rolls around?

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

is it factory unlocked? or is it tied to your carrier?

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Go to eBay and check current going rates for a similar phone to yours. If you sell it before the next one is annnounced, it'll probably still be close to that number. If you wait until after the next phone is announced, it'll be much, much less.

4. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I sold my 32GB iPhone 4 in December for $425 - it was jailbroken and [unoficially] unlocked. If you sell yours before the next iPhone comes out, I think you can fetch a similar price depending on jailbreak/unlock status. (Possibly a little more if it's factory unlocked - I found there are a lot more international buyers than domestic buyers)

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

we have no idea what the market will look like in the future.

But anyways, why are you asking if you don't care to leave details such as which carrier the phone is on, whether it's unlocked, the storage capacity, etc?

6. andyx3x macrumors 65816

7. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

Yea. We need more info. As other have said let us know if it is unlocked (officially or not) and if it's jailbroken.

8. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

300... may be pushing it. i live on craigslist, its my job

9. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Based on selling both Locked to AT&T and JB and unlocked iPhone 4's over the last year, I sold the following in 2011:

iPhone 4 16GB Black Locked to AT&T but in Mint - $300.00

iPhone 4 16GB Black JB and Unlocked in Mint - $500.00 with accy's and 1 month left on warranty.

iPhone 3GS 32GB White - in mint Locked to AT&T JB not unlocked - $300.00 in early 2011

Best deal like some else said is watch ebay and see what folks are getting and selling with their units. If you can unlock thru AT&T do it, resale will be a bit better and open up options to sell to more folks including those outside the US and on T-Mobile.

10. Stouver thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the responses. I went to bed right after I posted, anyway it isn't unlocked (yet) and it is the Canadian provider Rogers.