iPhone 4 reservation confusion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RipTide1024, Jun 19, 2010.

1. RipTide1024 macrumors newbie

So I was able to finagle my way through the apple.com site on the 15th trying to reserve an iPhone 4 at my local Apple store (the Southpoint Durham, NC store). I got to a page with no more continue or next step buttons that said something like "We'll see you on the 24th" and it had a picture of the outside of the local Apple store on the page. I figured I was done and the reservation had been completed. However, there was never any page asking for email address and no confirmation text message or email.

My brother had attempted to reserve at my local Apple store as well despite living in a different city as he would be visiting me at the time, but ended up getting a final page showing his local Apple store instead of the one here had tried to select, and was confused by the discrepancy. He called the stores looking to see if he actually got a confirmation recorded. The stores said "no," he was not registered for a reservation.

That made me nervous, so I called my local store and asked if they could tell if there was a reservation for me. They claimed they could tell and that I did not have one (after checking a computer)...

Does anyone know whether the screen I got to was the final reservation screen? (now I wish I had taken a screenshot). Also, could it just be that the stores computer systems won't be up-to-date on reservations until closer to the 24th? Perhaps some others could also attempt to confirm their reservations to see what other stores say?

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Without having a confirmation email and not being on the store's list, you may be SOL. I would recommend getting there super early and trying to get one of the first-come-first-serve units. You could camp out with your bro and make it into a little adventure. Apple product launches are kinda nuts/fun.

3. wrecks macrumors member

4. pugnut macrumors 6502a

100% correct- if you are not on the list-they did not allocate one for you. Period

5. army91c macrumors 6502a

You didn't get one of these?
    [​IMG]

Man, good luck with the "crazy" line!

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You should have rec'd a confirmation email. If you go online to the store you thought you reserved you can check your reservation status there too. If it's not there and you don't have an email conf. you don't have a res. Sorry.

7. RipTide1024 thread starter macrumors newbie

I went through appl's web site and got their website equivalent with virtually the same wording. I'm about to check the atore's webpage now as chipa chupa suggested.

8. mykhaeli macrumors member

mykhaeli

^ Chupa perhaps meant checking through Apple's "Apple Store" app.:)

9. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Also download the apple store app and check the reservation. If it is there you will get a device. If not your are in the line

10. RipTide1024 thread starter macrumors newbie

In the apple store app I take it it should show up when I click reservations under the app store I tried to reserve under

11. Jill1228 macrumors member

Jill1228

Yup it should. I just checked for mine :)

12. marcello696 macrumors regular

same here, checked my reservation via the apple store app and I should be good to go.

I do wonder if I will also be able to get my wife's iphone upgraded if I get there at 7am.

Thanks to the pre-order fiasco I was unable to get her one :(

13. pugnut macrumors 6502a

If that is not reserved the answer is no. I am going to go mid day as I have one coming from AT&T. You will not have an issue.

14. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

I was able to make a reservation using the apple store app, and im going to pick it up early am at crabtree valley mall, Raleigh, nc. Even though i have one reserved, im still going to get there really early because it's fun to hang out and I want to get in and get out as fast as possible,,,I know as soon as we get to 10am and later, AT&T will be dealing with multiple timezones activation and it will be hell!

15. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

Ok so let me get this straight... if you don't have a reservation, you have to go to the Apple store early and wait in line? And they WILL carry a stock of walkin phones or will they go through reservations first and if they run out, the walkins are SOL?

16. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

They have two lines...reservations and walkins. They take about 5 res people for every walk in person.

The reservations should be kept till end of day...walk ins are first come first serve...

17. nygfan80 macrumors regular

Correct, you don't have to go in early. You have til the end of the day for reservation only. I plan on getting to my local Apple Store around 2pm because of work.

18. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i got the same email was alitte worried when i saw the 699 looks like im not the only :)

19. jimi78 macrumors regular

jimi78

I think I may go early jic

My iPhone app has my reservation confirmed and I have an email but when I check the concierge on the web site for my store it shows nothing. Anyone else have this problem?? :confused: :confused:

[​IMG]

20. shadrap macrumors 6502

It won't be there, just in the app. Confirmed this through apple.

21. Aerdon macrumors newbie

Aerdon

I received the exact email above yet don't show a reservation at the store webpage or the iPhone app. I called the store and they assured me that I would have one available if I received the email. I took the guy's name as he didn't look in the system at all for my reservation, but assured me it would be there for me if I had this email.

22. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

This afternoon, I went by the store I'm going to for my reservation and that guy also assured me that as long as I have the email, I'm good. I asked if he could check the system to make sure I was in there and he said they couldn't, but I didn't press the issue because the place was a friggin' ZOO. It was making me nuts just standing in the doorway speaking to the guy there. Thursday morning should be a pip. :p

23. Aerdon macrumors newbie

Aerdon

Thanks, Blueline29. Glad to hear someone else got the same story from the Apple Store.

24. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I got that email, but I didn't get a price. Any reason behind that?

25. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I didn't get a price on mine either, but it's still listed in the Apple Store app, and when I called the store, they confirmed my reservation is on their list, so we should be good.