iPhone 4 review/ comparison

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shadrap, Jun 19, 2010.

1. shadrap macrumors 6502

Guys, I will be posting a review/ comparison of the iPhone 4 vs the HTC Evo. This will be a fair comparison and I have no dogs in this fight. With that said, what are some of the things you would like compared?

Cameras
    Videos
    Battery
    Browser
    Etc..... Let me know.

2. Chevenowner macrumors regular

3. Jnyce macrumors regular

4. elephunkman macrumors 65816

What's the point of creating a thread if you don't even have the iPhone 4?

5. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

Will have iPhone 4 on release day. Just trying to get you opinions on what should be compared. I will post it on YouTube and would like your opinions, I already have those from the android forums.

6. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Try to compare specs first since those are facts, do not get those wrong or your whole review will suck. Then, compare OS differences. Don't bring Sprint or AT&T into this since each user's mileage may vary.

7. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

8. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Big thing. BATTERY LIFE. Try to use the device as you normally would from a full charge.

9. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

10. prfrma macrumors regular

screen test (brightness, sharpness, viewing angles)
    app start up test
    voice quality test (?)
    drop/destructive testing
    web page browsing
    speedtest.net app test
    battery life test (vdeo/mp3)
    Photographic test (same scene if possible)

11. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

All sound good, except I will hold off on the drop test. We will let everyone else figure that one out.:eek:

12. philamac macrumors regular

13. Alxvasqz12 macrumors member

tell us when you post the video cause i would like to see it

14. aequitas1234 macrumors member

This sounds like a unique review. I haven't yet heard of anyone comparing the two phones, especially someone with no experience reviewing phones of such caliber.

I fully support your novel and unique idea and wish you well in actually acquiring the phones to review.

15. twitchtwice macrumors member

16. Dark K macrumors member

Try to cover stuff that attracts people to change their mind. There's a lot of fanboyism today, stuff like battery life would be a big change of mind over the devices. And if you are pointing for a nice comparison, I would recommend spending some 2 days with the new iPhone, so the video/comparison would be more concrete.

I will be looking forward to it, hope your video gets good attention.

17. cooljoe349 macrumors regular

cooljoe349

18. elephunkman macrumors 65816

We have a winner!

19. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually I have reviewed several electronics on YouTube and have a successful following.

The one thing I find interesting in the iPhone vs android saga. From posting on both forums I have noticed that iPhone has a lot more fanboy dicks. Don't get me wrong, I love the iPhone, technology in general. But I am a technology convert, I wasn't always a geek. Post like yours. Remind me it's easy for people I once beat up or mocked to hide behind the pc or Mac.

Now back to the task at hand. If anyone has constructive areas that would like reviewed. Please, let me know.

20. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

I appreciate the info. I will actually be at the beach with both devices and plan on putting them through the ringer.

21. twitchtwice macrumors member

winner winner chicken dinner

22. ryanvalle macrumors member

Do tell us how each one feels in the our hands. One big difference is size is form factor and I'm curious to hear your opinion on which one you feel is better fitting to one's hand.

Sure, the iPhone is smaller, but sometimes, I ask myself, is smaller really better? For people with big hands, dealing with small items can sometimes be a hassle while the obvious, big devices aren't always the most comfortable things to carry around. Tell us which one you think is better :)

23. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

What? :D
    Yes, I know this is really hypocritical given my comment on that's what she said jokes earlier today.

24. rywat macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Make sure you calibrate the battery first before testing the battery life. Charge it up all the way, then run it all the way down. Charge it back up on more time and use that charge to test it.

25. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

hmm I have a feeling soldier knows best (a popular youtube apple reviewer) will have this video uploaded before you can get your hands on an iPhone 4, but good luck. I'm too much of a fanboy to care about anything that doesn't have an  on it but other people should find it interesting.