iphone 4 screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FuuFuu, Aug 4, 2010.

1. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

Quick question here. im just wondering why everyone is buying the screen protectors for the new iphone 4. didnt they make the front and back glass so that you dont have to put the shields on them? cause the only reason i would put a shield on them is to prevent the screen from being worn out. even if i put a sticker on it its going to produce finger prints.

thanks for any replies.

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

They can still get scratched after long term use. Even then, some people have reported the phone being scratched from it rubbing against keys and such. I'm still using the original protector that was on the back of the iPhone when I purchased it. Not planning on getting one for the front, I think it makes the screen look ugly.

3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

As was stated, screen protectors are the best way to prevent scratches to your phone, without it, you're just taking a chance. I put one on the front and back, so I don't have to risk anything happening later.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Some people are quite anal when it comes to their phones. Without any screen protectors, your phone will eventually get scratched, nicked, dinged up. For those us (like me) that keep resale value in mind whenever it comes time to upgrade, having protectors on their help keep the phone in pristine condition for selling later down the road. It's a personal preference thing so whether it's clear, privacy, fingerprint resistant, the choice of protectors out there are numerous to say the least. Since you can get front & back protectors for ~$4, putting a little something on your $300 phone to keep the scratches away can't hurt.

5. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Most people will get scratched eventually without one. I have the invisible shield on front and back with a bumper.

6. RichBrewski macrumors member

How do you like it? I think of either investing in that or the skinomi. Any suggestions, anyone?

7. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Some people hate the feel of Invisible Shield, but I have no problem with it. I feel a lot safer with it on. Im not sure how i feel about rear shield. It just doesn't feel good. Im keeping the front, but may peel the rear off eventually.

8. orange42 macrumors 6502a

It's clear. You can't even see it.

Finally someone who has the same mindset as me! Although it's more for me just wanting the protection rather than resale value. Baffles me that someone wouldn't use a screen protector.

9. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Power Support !!!! FTW :D

I've used them for 3 years.... nothing comes close and they are in stock as of yesterday.

10. adverdelex macrumors newbie

The screen protectors are really needed as they atleast protect the device from the direct damage. For further protection one should clean the screen with some cloth materials other than the silk one to avoid scratches.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

I for one is someone that hates the way it feels. It also leaves a lot of smudges compared to the power-support. As soon as power-support came out with theirs I took off the invisible shield. The HD anti-glare is great, and the crystal clear back is awesome. Plus the bumper, I feel like my phone is well protected.

I don't plan on dropping it, so I don't know for sure how well protected it is, but I will not be getting any scratches anytime soon, thats for sure.

12. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

My front glass is scratched already.

I've only had it about a month and is always carried around in a pocket on its own with nothing else in there.

I'm a little bit peeved to be honest. This is my third iPhone and this is the first one that I have scratched and I have no idea how it was done. It is only a hair-line scratch and you can only see it when you look at it in the 'right-light' but I'm still not happy.

Toughened glass. Not sure on that one!

Is it worth getting a screen protector? Probably won't.

- D

13. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

are yo sure the scratch is in the glass and not just in the ole. coating?

14. dude-x macrumors regular

I bought a clear-coat.com screen protector for my iPhone 4. It's very clear, when not viewing in direct light, but when you angle it, you can see a mottled look. It's a pain in the ass to install, but it is very scratch resistant (I used my keys and pressed hard on the back) and it didn't scratch, and even better, it's very oil resistant. So the screen stays mostly clear.

I'd like to hear about what other people use.

15. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Anyone use Wrapsol? I just ordered one so I hope it's good. I was also wondering if it's easy to remove in case I am not happy with it.

16. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

Probably is a scratch in the ole. coating but still not ideal! Would rather have smudges than scratches!!

- D

17. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I'm using a screen protector not to keep it from scratching, but to keep the fingerprints off. They get worse over time and they seem to smudge more than anything. It got really annoying.

18. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

How dull does the anti glare power support make the screen? I had an anti glare on my 3GS mainly to prevent fingerprints but was thinking that I'd get the crystal for my 4 since the display is so beautiful. The PS website claims that even the crystal reduces fingerprints. How are the fingerprints on the back with the crystal?