iPhone 4 screen scratched

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joebrown84, Sep 15, 2011.

1. joebrown84 macrumors newbie

joebrown84

Yes, screen scratched on my 5 month old White iPhone 4. A little gutted. I think I must have had a screw or something in my pocket while I was doing some DIY at home and just put my phone in there without thinking. And I have never been a fan of screen protectors or cases, I'm a believer that Apple products are too beautiful to cover with some horrid plastic coating.

Anyway, I know I've been an idiot, but does anyone out there know of any solutions? I'm not sure whether it's covered with AppleCare.

All help gratefully received, as ever.

Cheers

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

To my knowledge, AppleCare doesn't cover cosmetic blemishes. You can however make an appointment and hope for the best.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

AppleCare doesnt cover scratches or physical damage that "you" caused on your device.
    Maybe you should become a believer of screen protectors:D

4. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Although it wouldn't be ethical. If you have apple care you could do an express replacement and say the reason you want it replaced is because of some made up issue.

5. tomtom101 macrumors regular

Apple can afford it more than you can!!

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

That's the american way! :rolleyes:

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

why would apple cover something that u created? Live with it and be more careful of what u put in your pocket when an ip4 is inside it. ;)

8. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I doubt Apple would cover that. Just get the screen replaced.

9. tomtom101 macrumors regular

Ahaha... Im Irish! And I know its bad, but like €200 for a new screen, when apple can just throw them on for whats practically free??? If you can get a genius to take pity on you, go for it!!!!

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Just keep reminding yourself that damage was inevitable and that it's just a phone.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

And where exactly do you think the money comes from? If people continue to abuse Apple's more than liberal exchange policy it simply transfers the cost to the users. So yes, you can be super cool and stick it to the man, but you're really only screwing yourself and those with legitimate problems.

12. dav146 macrumors regular

dav146

Try cleaning the scratch with 'Brasso' - It worked on the display to my car dashboard (But that was a type of plastic. If it can't make it any worse it must be worth a shot?

13. tomtom101 macrumors regular

Oh i am super cool!! haha... The only reason i say it is that i had the screen replace for my by apple before, the original screed was shattered and still worked perfectly, second time round get a hairline crack and stopped working compleatly - repair wasnt same spec as original!! And im honestly not trying to stir up a argument here!