iPhone 4 SHSH's blobs?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Applejuiced, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I know this is kinda premature to ask but is it possible to save SHSH's for iphone 4 models yet by redirecting them to cydia servers with the DFU mode trick?
    Im not even sure if iphone 4's use SHSH's or some other firmware verification process. :)
    If anyone heard anything about this please let me know.
    Just interested.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

3GS and iPhone 4 users, make sure and get your 4.0 hashes saved using TinyUmbrella before rumored 4.01 update comes out
    (Note: iPhone 4 owners use TinyUmbrella version 4.00.06 as new version 4.00.23 doesn't detect iPhone 4 devices-- version 4.00.06 available here --> http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=10249 )

3. Eternal 28 macrumors 6502

4. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Very nice, didnt know that was available but to those that have an iphone 4 and wish to JB and be able to downgrade their device to previous builts not allowed by Apple should hurry up and do this before its too late.
    BTW, I used tinyumbrella and saved my SHSH's for my new iphone 4 on cydias server but is it also possible to save them locally to my hard drive?
    Thank you.

5. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh nevermind. I guess TinyUmbrella also saves them on your hardrive.
    On Windows machines they are located here: C:/Users/<username>/.shsh/
    Beautifull.
    Thank you again bros.

6. adster macrumors regular

I couldn't get TinyUmbrella 4.00.23 to work with my iPhone 4 (even though the website said it will)

I used TinyUmbrella 4.00.06 to save to Cydia and that seemed to work great, however I could not save my SHSH's locally.

Version 4.00.22 appeared to save it locally, but I have no idea where it saved it too. Oh well. At least it's on Cydia's server.
    (EDIT: I'm on OSX)

7. ainjo1919 macrumors regular

What about for mac users? Where does it save the .shsh file? I ran it and chose cydia as the location, do i have to run it again under "localhost" so i can have it saved to my hard drive? thanks.

8. csmitty macrumors regular

4.00.24 detected my phone just fine. However its been processing SHSH request for a while.

Oops, server wasn't' running.

9. nednarm macrumors 6502

tiny umbrella wont even open for me. It asks for my password, I don't have one so I click OK and the password screen keeps coming back up.
    Anyone else getting this problem? I tried 4.00.06 and 4.00.24.

10. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I couldn't get the beta version to work on my iMac running 10.6.4. It kept asking for my admin password but never recognized it. I even changed my admin password, still would not recognize it. Finally had to run the Windows version.

11. nednarm macrumors 6502

Exactly the same prob as you. Guess I'll have to boot in to windoze

12. BaldyUK macrumors regular

Did you read the page before/after downloading?

13. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same thing here.
    It wouldnt even see my iphone 4 on 4.00.22
    4.00.06 worked fine.
    Not sure where its saved locally on OSX but its gotta be somewhere on your hard drive. As soon as you save them on cydias server it also puts them on your machine.

14. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

I have followed the procedure for saving my SHSH for 4.0 with Cydia using TinyUmbrella. I got the verification in the program that the SHSH was saved. However, when I open Cydia on my iPhone, it lists the SHSH only for the 3.x firmwares. Did I not give Cydia enough time? Is it just not reporting 4.x yet? How can I actually verify that the 4.x SHSH hashes are actually on Cydia servers?

Another question for the knowledgeable, the Tiny Umbrella instructions stated that I should first remove the gs.apple.com entry in etc/hosts file. I did so. But should this entry be returned to the file now? It seems like it should, but I really don't know.

15. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It takes some time for those to appear on the top of the cydia page.
    If you clicked save my SHSH and location is set to cydia and you got the verification then its there.
    The hosts file edit is only used when you need to downgrade your firmware thru itunes using cydias server to request the particular built.

16. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

Thank you very much.

17. nednarm macrumors 6502

woops, forgot to drag the app out of the .dmg

18. hypoh macrumors member

hypoh

In OSX, the shsh file is located in:

/Users/yourusernamegoeshere/.shsh

which is a hidden folder

19. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good find.
    Thanks.

20. Zell84 macrumors member

"In OSX, the shsh file is located in:

/Users/yourusernamegoeshere/.shsh

which is a hidden folder"

I tried searching for this and couldn't find it in Finder. Does umbrella automatically save the SHSH's locally or should I go back into the program and do it manually?

21. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It also saves them automaticly locally when you request them with tinyumbrella.
    Then it redirects and puts them on cydia also if you selected location: cydia

22. hypoh macrumors member

hypoh

Use Shift+Command+G (Go To Folder)

23. Zell84 macrumors member

Thanks a lot for this help. I suppose I should go find the "Basics of Macs" tutorial before worrying about iPhone hacks ;-). Thanks again.

24. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I can't get past step one of doing this. After I type the command and press enter in terminal, nothing happens for me. What the heck could I be doing wrong?

25. astarling06 macrumors regular

astarling06

Slightly off topic

I upgraded to iOS 4 on my 3GS but now I want to downgrade back to 3.1.3 and jailbreak. I saved my SHSH blobs on Cydia. is there a good guide for doing this?? I read quite a bit by Googling but every set of instructions is slightly different and now I'm in brain lock. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks.