iPhone 4 specs making me glad I waited on iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michael CM1, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Considering I've seen how Apple works in the past, I'm hella glad I haven't bought an iPad yet. You know the Retina display is going to make it to the iPad in a hurry to compete with color eInk and because the iPad is much more about readability. It's likely the next iPad will throw in the camera(s) since Apple is obviously supporting FaceTime. I wouldn't be shocked to see the iPad redesigned with the stainless steel all around to work better on the 3G models.

Maybe by next March or so I can afford the 2.0 iPad. Who knows, it might even get a price cut like the original iPhone did.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I think it was obvious that the iPad was shortcharged from the beginning, being a giant iPod Touch.

But many people refused to see it that way.

3. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

4. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

According to that image from the keynote, the iPhone has 78% pixels of the iPad...

So really, the iPad still has a better screen

Attached Files:

5. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

For a 3.5" screen i'd say having 78% of the pixels of something almost 10" is definitely better...

6. Chimera-se macrumors member

Um...really? I'm glad I have the iPad to use right now. When iPad 2 comes out with with retina display, or, or, wait for it...something even better, I'll simply upgrade. They're completely different devices. Freakin pointless thread.

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah man, look at the screen size difference. Ipad has like 4 or more iphone screens stitched together.

8. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

apple loves making up things... The Retina display? lol its a 960x480 display thats all, it will look great but i hate when apple makes BS hype.

9. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Its not just 960x480. The pixel density is what makes it a whole new ball game.

10. pika2000 macrumors 68030

The newer stuff will always be better than the older stuff. It's the way things go. That's why there's craigslist/ebay. ;)

11. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Yes but it's also to say the iPad screen isn't exactly rubbish in it's current form either

12. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

In a few months, we'll probably see a "iPad 2 specs making me glad I waited on iPhone" thread.

13. shandyman Suspended

its called retina display due to the distance you hold an iPhone from your face, your eye can't distinguish much over 300dpi and the new display is 326ppi or so as opposed to what it is currently.

14. McBeats macrumors 6502a

haha yeah when I heard "retina display" i was like, what kinda name is that? nevertheless, preordering the iphone asap!

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The iPad 2 will be a giant iPhone 4 :D

16. pfft macrumors regular

Absolutely.

And for the *ahem* that used the "giant iPod Touch" line (how unique), do you enjoy eating your Coco Pops watching your handheld TV? Obviously you wouldn't have a large flatscreen unit because it'd be silly to own what is essentially just a "big handheld" television.

17. spectre51 macrumors 6502

spectre51

ditto on that. I am loving my iPad, will love the iPhone 4 and will love the second gen iPad when I get it.

18. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Same here.

19. Mkz macrumors regular

Mkz

I'm also glad I didn't get an iPad.

iPhone 4 basically owns the iPad.

20. Tino04 macrumors member

The most telling thing for me, is the complete departure from the "iPhone look" if you see where I'm coming from.

iPad 2, will IMO see a major resdesign to style it akin to iPhone 4

21. bidwalj macrumors 65816

Not if you can afford both. If you use one, you will see what the benefits of each are. Persoanlly they will work in tandem for me.

iPad 3G: video, photos, internet, games
    iPhone: music, calling, texting, light browsing, games

The point is the iPad is another device that runs iOS 4. Are you going to question your MacBook too now that this has a better screen?

22. bidwalj macrumors 65816

I disagree. The iPad looks more inline with MacBooks (their lid). Apple will start to make the products different from here on out. They will be two products that use iOS.

23. Mkz macrumors regular

Mkz

I could afford both but I'd be wasting my money since I already have a 13" MacBook which does everything the iPad does + more.

24. Tino04 macrumors member

meh :D

I haven't even seen an iPad yet, I just thought from looking at the detail on the apple store it's similar to the 3GS/3G

25. bidwalj macrumors 65816

Well if your MacBook satisfies your portability needs, then it works for you. The whole point is choices. I travel a lot and the iPad beats my MacBook anyway for what I use it for. I'm even selling my MacBook and getting a mini since I don't even touch the MacBook any more.