Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlmille55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
I'm new to the forum so this thread might already be in place, but I think it could become a pretty interesting thread.

Some ideas for the next iPhone for Apple:

1) "Disable" option for the landscape screen mode

2) A font for sarcasm! (I think everyone can relate to this!)

3) iChat video call conference

4) Of course, the highly anticipated, and wanted by many, RFID-enabled system

Please add to this list!

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
I'm new to the forum so this thread might already be in place, but I think it could become a pretty interesting thread.

Some ideas for the next iPhone for Apple:

1) "Disable" option for the landscape screen mode

2) A font for sarcasm! (I think everyone can relate to this!)

3) iChat video call conference

4) Of course, the highly anticipated, and wanted by many, RFID-enabled system

Please add to this list!

this thread is already in place so many times, we could make a list of the lists, and it would be long enough to be considered a list

im aware that made no sense

army91c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
there isn't one..... there's about 50. I could be a jerk like lots on here and tell you there's a search button and all but I won't be that guy. ;)

1. No problem with this one.
2. That would be cool.....No need for a special font, I was just sarcastic and didn't need a special font.
3. I personally would rather have more processor speed and ram take up extra space than a front facing camera for video conferencing.
4. RFID? Waste of built in resources if you ask me. How about an add on RFID dohicky YOU could buy if you wanted that?

dlmille55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
there isn't one..... there's about 50. I could be a jerk like lots on here and tell you there's a search button and all but I won't be that guy. ;)

1. No problem with this one.
2. That would be cool.....No need for a special font, I was just sarcastic and didn't need a special font.
3. I personally would rather have more processor speed and ram take up extra space than a front facing camera for video conferencing.
4. RFID? Waste of built in resources if you ask me. How about an add on RFID dohicky YOU could buy if you wanted that?

An add on RFID would be just as great. Hopefully someone will come out with one that works just as well as it would if it was already installed in the iphone.
More processor speed and ram would be much better than the front facing camera!

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
Well this is actually a software update but all i want from my phone is ...if my GPS is off....and i want it on..Just give me the option to turn it on from maps. Not go to settings >>> Location services on. I just want a button that says yes, You can go to settings and turn it on. I mean seriously? What gives?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

now for iphone 4:

Dual core processors for multi-tasking. Maybe a special OS change for iphone 4 users only.

Customization. - wallpapers, ringtones for texts...etc. All the stuff jailbroken phones been having.

maybe a front mount monitor for Video blogging. Since we have that Awesome ATT network (sarcasm)

A tad thicker to increase battery capacity would be great (follow the unibody macbook approach).

other than that....perfect.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Well this is actually a software update but all i want from my phone is ...if my GPS is off....and i want it on..Just give me the option to turn it on from maps. Not go to settings >>> Location services on. I just want a button that says yes, You can go to settings and turn it on. I mean seriously? What gives?

Why don't you keep Location Services on all the time? It doesn't drain the battery more, Location Services only drains the battery when you're actually using an app like Maps.

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
If you don't like the thread, don't post in it. If every thread that there is a multiple of was deleted, there would only be like 10 threads on the entire forum.

Anyway, here's what I want:

1) New Design, preferably something aluminum and similar to original design

2) Disable feature for landscape mode

3) More colorful screen

4) Better battery life

5) Ability to change color of SMS blurbs just like you can on iChat

6) 5 MP Camera with flash

7) Multitasking

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
Why don't you keep Location Services on all the time? It doesn't drain the battery more, Location Services only drains the battery when you're actually using an app like Maps.

Well from long ago I heard that if you closed maps...it still drains. Is this true?

dlmille55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
If you don't like the thread, don't post in it. If every thread that there is a multiple of was deleted, there would only be like 10 threads on the entire forum.

Anyway, here's what I want:

1) New Design, preferably something aluminum and similar to original design

2) Disable feature for landscape mode

3) More colorful screen

4) Better battery life

5) Ability to change color of SMS blurbs just like you can on iChat

6) 5 MP Camera with flash

7) Multitasking

I'm very new at this, but I'll remember to search for certain topics.

SMS blurbs would be great. At least change the color for different software updates.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise

I could be one of those jerks and tell you that just because you prefaced your statement about the search button doesn't negate the fact that you still were the first jerk to bring it up ... but I won't be that guy. ;)

Software wise I would love to see a revamped OS, even thought I am satisfied with the current OS, and it is nice ... It would be nice to get something completely new.

Hardware wise I would love to see some major cosmetic changes, something that makes the new iPhone completely different than the rest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.