IPhone 4 - The Un-official Recall

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geiko9, Jul 13, 2010.

1. geiko9 macrumors newbie

I'm in a low reception area. I am having trouble using my new iphone 4 (calls get dropped, calls go into mute - proximity sensor issue). I have spent close to 2 hours on several calls with apple support. Tried reset network settings and restore et al, in vain. Went over to the AT&T store for the bumper and they were out of stock. I had none of these issues with my iphone 3G.

For my benefit, am returning my iphone 4. I do realize one person returning a product does not amount to an unofficial recall. But if all those forum members(here and elsewhere) who have a similar issue are real, and if they stopped griping about the new iphone 4 and instead returned it to Apple (before the 30 day period is up) it would amount to something.

Am sure Apple, without blinking, will repackage-resell; and people will buy it all over the world in a heartbeat! So be it, I'll get mine, if and when these issues are fixed. Until then I'll use my good old IPhone 3G.

I've always admired Apple and its products, but am saddened to see the company give its stock price, priority over customer satisfaction. Putting consumers through hours of "reset network settings", "backup your phone and restore it", "wait for the software update", "please can I put you on hold for 3 to 5 minutes while I research this" phoney (no pun) IPhone support, is so unlike Apple.

2. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Huh? So your story is that you returned your phone? Thanks for sharing. Now please delete your MacRumors account.

3. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

They have bumpers and cases that pretty much fix the problem online, you know. :)

4. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Another AWESOME thread. Wow. This place just gets better and better.

(If by better and better, I mean worse and worse.)

5. jordand321 macrumors member

OMG EVERYONE RETURN YOUR IPHONES NOW APPLE WILL BE FORCED TO DO A RECALL!!!!!

:rolleyes:

6. Domo-Kun macrumors member

How come cases have now become reception issue solvers, where are the good old days that they just protected the phone?

7. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

Now they serve a dual-purpose. I'm not complaining. It's probably a good thing. Too many idiots walking about without a case, dropping their iPhones and crying when Apple won't replace them because they were stupid enough not to have any protection for their "baby."

8. Domo-Kun macrumors member

There shouldn't be the need for a dual purpose case, its a case, it protects the phone.

With the breaking glass situation, apple were touting the awesome-ness of there new glass, all that saphire coating and hoopla, if someone puts there phone down on a table, like a normal person, and the phone shatters. They have a right to be pissed.

I dropped my Iphone 3G from 4-feet to find it had a small dent in the case, nothing else, i understand the phone is now 80% glass but from posts on here and reports dropping the phone 9 times and then it breaking to someone dropping the once from 1-foot onto grass and the glass breaks.

9. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

can we just delete all members with a join date of June & July of 2010? :D

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

11. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

OP please follow this wise man's advice. Maybe also delete yourself as well.

12. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

the unofficial dumbest post on macrumors this year.

13. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Why are you guys flaming him? He's doing exactly what we always tell people to do: if it doesn't work for you then return it to Apple and get your money back!

Good for you OP, don't put up with a product that doesn't work for you. The only way as consumers we have a say in these sort of matters is to vote with our wallets.

While I think this whole reception issue is blown way out of proportion by the media, there are some people in poor coverage areas that are really affected. Those people should return the phone and get a phone that works for them. Period.

14. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Because apparently bashing people on the internet makes some people feel large in the pants. :D

15. fender57 macrumors 6502

Why? He said he still has a 3G. Regardless, why the cliquish, "get off my lawn" attitude? Your post added value how?

16. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I was kind of wondering this myself. As I recall, NONE of you OWN this web site and OP can do whatever he damn well pleases. So, you know, take your oh-I'm-so-clever sarcasm, roll it up real tight and cram it.

17. jordand321 macrumors member

Large in the pants? I assume you mean like this:

[​IMG]

18. fender57 macrumors 6502

How about retroactive to November 2009?

19. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

they aren't the only ones complaining or with issues....

20. BadMoon macrumors 6502

LOL! Nice! :D

21. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Why are we flaming him?

Hmmm...

Maybe it's because the OP posted a deceptive thread title about an "unofficial recall" just to say they returned the phone?!

This didn't warrant a new thread (there are plenty of places the OP could have added these comments) and the thread title is deceptive.

22. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

good for you. The iphone 4 is the best phone I have ever owned.

23. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

A couple thousand people returning the iPhone won't mean anything and many people dont have a replacement phone.

24. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

This thread sucks. Unoffical "recall" my ass, A.K.A. I returned my phone. Congrats, thousands of people return their phones every day.

25. nasa25 macrumors 65816

this gets awesome pic of the day award