iPhone 4 Vibrate Switch - Weird?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PsstGreek, Apr 20, 2011.

1. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

My iPhone 4 (AT&T 4.3.1) is acting weird and I don't know whether it's the iPhone or just the software.

When I switch the iPhone to vibrate it doesn't vibrate. When I switch the iPhone to ring, then it vibrates.

It's not a big deal, just a bit annoying.

2. LxHunter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Happened to me last night
    Rebooted and back to normal

3. PsstGreek thread starter macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Rebooted my iPhone. Still does it :confused:

I guess maybe a restore would fix it.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Settings > Sounds

Make sure under "Silent" that vibrate is ticked on

5. Raied macrumors newbie

I was experiencing the same thing today! I dont know why.
    I think it might be the firmware update 4.3.1

6. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Known bug, seen since iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak. Apparently this happens mostly to jailbroken iPhones.
    This issue is a bit lesser on iOS 4.3.2.

7. miraishak macrumors member

just now my iphone was rining and i picked it up to answer and there were 2 strange things: the phone isn't vibrating while ringing, although it is set to do so and the screen was black, and i had to press the home buttome to get the "slide to andswer screen". just before it started rining, i was receiving an SMS and in the middle of teh sms alert, i got teh call. could this have been teh cause of teh problem?

after i hung up the call, i tried calling my iphone and it rang and vibrated normally. i tried teh silent/ring switch and it is working properly, giving me the icon of the bell. i did a hard restart anyways just in case.

is this one time glitch? could it be becasue of recieving both a call and an sms at teh same time?

any help is really apreciated...
    i have an iphone 4 running os 5.1.1 and not jail broken