Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saxman1089

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
...and why would I want to carry extra equipment around just so I can have a stupid video wallpaper that no one cares about?

It's a wow factor thing and adds no usefulness to the phone what-so-ever.

As it stands now, I can usually finish my day with my iPhone 4 with over 60% battery left and that's with usage through the day.

By the way, Tokyo Japan is not in Europe. lol

+1

Btw, one of the guys at work got an EVO around the same time I got my iPhone 4. I listen to music all day (8 hour work day), and quite frequently browse the web, check Facebook, etc. I'm at about 40% battery when I get home from work.

He has to hunt for an open outlet two or three times a day. That phone is HUGE already, not to mention having to carry around the charger all day. You might as well be taking an expedition to the Himalayas with all of that equipment.

Oh, and Rahstyles..should..learn..how..to..type..correctly..

Because that many periods are just annoying.:rolleyes:

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
BRA.... I was born in japan ... go to a San Ye ... or a Jusco... or a bookbox or a ban ban... and get one from there.. man.. when i lived in okinawa.. there was way more advanced electronics.. over there then here in temecula california.. were i live

.. Plus.. comeon bro.. video wall paper might make your battery go down like 3% more than usuall .. come on

My response about battery life had nothing really to do with the wallpaper originally. It's about your not caring about the battery life because of car chargers and extra batteries.

I simply pointed out that not everyone has access to a charger all day long and not everyone wants to carry extra batteries or external batteries everywhere they go.

Why would I want to do that when I have no need to do such things with my iPhone?

It's not like I don't know where to get external battery packs in Japan...I have 2 different ones right now that I take when I go on long trips like climbing Mt. Fuji or something.

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Not American at all.. Im japanese ...

And no im not a gangster never want to be.. as a matteraffact i hate them..

This just the way we talk from the Far Eastcoast.. Must be my japanese accent ..

I would pay good money to hear you speak..

Rahstyles

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Reality check:

Most people don't sit around and stare at their home pages.

Home pages are viewed for literally just minutes (if not seconds) a day.

That's why live wallpapers barely touch most users' battery.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! TO THE MAXXX!!!

krayziekray

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
Hahaha, this guy (from the video) makes me laugh ... what a loser!

Why is it that people always find the need to justify their purchase of another phone by slagging off the iPhone. Get over it! People who want iPhones will buy iPhones ... if you don't like it ... shut the **** up and play with your Evo. We don't care about your stupid ******* animated wallpapers.

It's people like these that are slowing the evolution of mankind and should be exterminated.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
2. its Motorola.. lol Motorola.. lol.. that right there should prove its garbage..

Really? Actually that's not proof enough. Motorola for the longest time has been known not to be first in the marketplace but to create phones that are reliable and have great endurance. But maybe you're not familiar with the history of Motorola cell phones. Maybe you're just making a sweeping generalization about a company based on 1 or 2 phones they have made or the need to dismiss anything not Apple.

And to the OP: Making "US" look bad? There's your issue right there. If you don't understand what I'm saying than that's an even bigger issue.

Tarzanman

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Iphone users always talk badly about a feature their phone doesn't have... until the iphone gets that feature of course (copy and paste, tethering, etc).

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
Reality check:

Most people don't sit around and stare at their home pages.

Home pages are viewed for literally just minutes (if not seconds) a day.

That's why live wallpapers barely touch most users' battery.

Which is also why its a feature that's beyond useless. There are many things I'd rather Apple put dev time into for iOS. Live wallpapers are so far down the list it's not even funny.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
To the OP how does video paper make us look bad, specifically?

I don't even consider that a feature.

The only time I see my wallpaper is when I'm opening an app.

Rahstyles

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Iphone users always talk badly about a feature their phone doesn't have... until the iphone gets that feature of course (copy and paste, tethering, etc).

Yea but look how long.. it took just to get it!

Copy and paste!?? what a joke.. i had that on my windows mobile 5.0..

Then when apple finallyyyyyyyyyyy ......yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

gets it... its not even worth it..

Its like shipping tickets to a concert that shows on the 24th of march 1985 .. but physically arriving in your mailbox on 25th of december 2009..

Everybody moved on to bigger and betterthings .. like VIDEO WALLPAPER!! DAMITT!!1

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY

Then when apple finallyyyyyyyyyyy ......yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Its like shipping tickets to a concert that shows on the 24th of march 1985 .. but physically arriving in your mailbox on 25th of december 2009..

Everybody moved on to bigger and betterthings .. like VIDEO WALLPAPER!! DAMITT!!1

Like other posters have said, video wallpapers are possible on jailbreak. Why don't you just do that?

Honestly I could care less, how often do I "spend time" on my home screen? Answer: split seconds. So the battery drain of some rather gimmicky video wallpaper is not worth it to me and I'm sure Apple feels they have better things to devote their resources to.

Or your other option, you can just get an Evo since you so prefer video wallpapers of actual functionality and battery life of the phone.

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Also anyone else feel like the OP is just trolling? I'm starting to think that's him in the video. If you wanted to come here and complain about the fact that Apple didn't have video wallpaper functionality, there are much better and more intelligent videos to demonstrate that. Bury this thread...

jonhcox

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
North Carolina

Aw. That's too bad. Are you the moron in that video?

jonhcox

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
North Carolina
Really? Actually that's not proof enough. Motorola for the longest time has been known not to be first in the marketplace but to create phones that are reliable and have great endurance. But maybe you're not familiar with the history of Motorola cell phones. Maybe you're just making a sweeping generalization about a company based on 1 or 2 phones they have made or the need to dismiss anything not Apple.

And to the OP: Making "US" look bad? There's your issue right there. If you don't understand what I'm saying than that's an even bigger issue.

Correct, and I don't think he gets it.

jonhcox

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
North Carolina
+1

Btw, one of the guys at work got an EVO around the same time I got my iPhone 4. I listen to music all day (8 hour work day), and quite frequently browse the web, check Facebook, etc. I'm at about 40% battery when I get home from work.

He has to hunt for an open outlet two or three times a day. That phone is HUGE already, not to mention having to carry around the charger all day. You might as well be taking an expedition to the Himalayas with all of that equipment.

Oh, and Rahstyles..should..learn..how..to..type..correctly..

Because that many periods are just annoying.:rolleyes:

I had an EVO and I just took mine back, though it was because I thought the software wasn't as refined and polished as it could be. I did have to find a permanent outlet in my cube that I could charge the thing while I wasn't using it. That was because I thought the Live Wallpapers was really neat too until I realized what an absolute drain on resources it was.

To the OP/Troll, have fun with that sport. If you are going to make points against those of us that choose to buy iPhones- at least learn proper grammer and punctuation so as to not make yourself look any dumber than you already are. And I'm done feeding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.