iPhone 4 White rear glass

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ramsman, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ramsman macrumors newbie

ive bin thinking oof buying a white rear glass to put on my black ip4, would this void my warrenty?

2. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

They will never know.

3. ramsman thread starter macrumors newbie

oviously if it broke i would put the black rear back on, but there aint no tags or anything?

4. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

You take the two bottom screws off and it slides off, replace with the White, pop the screws back and it's done. Nothing is damaged and Warranty isn't voided.

5. ramsman thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Well they would know if he didn't put the black rear back on since the front would be black.

7. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

And I suppose you're an expert on Apple's warrantee conditions? I would imagine there is a clause that unauthorized repairs done on the phone, it would void the warranty. Perhaps the white glass could be installed by an authorized repair facility. I wouldn't assume that a post on macrumors is accurate.

8. bclizzle macrumors 6502

absolutely voids warranty. unless you have someone certified through apple do it.

now, if you need to returnit, switch the black back, and do it cleanly - how would they know anything was ever done? youd be fine.

but id keep the black back somewhere protected incase you ever need to return it.

9. CashDude macrumors regular

The only problem is that the white glass has white trim as well, which will clash with the black trim on the front (well, if you use a bumper, no one will be able to tell). I might wait for an aftermarket company to make a white back with black trim to go on my black iPhone. That would truly be a sweet combination.

10. carebearsx3 macrumors regular

I actually want to do the same, but the question remains, where to get the white back in the first place?

11. jargon51 macrumors 6502

12. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

This.

They won't know... unless you don't put the black back on, of course. :)