iPhone 4 will not stop vibrating!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xidane, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Xidane macrumors newbie

My phone died.. 4 1/2 hours later from vibrating. I called the Apple tech support and they want me to send in my phone for a replacement. They are still scratching their heads because they haven't heard of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdTJWO-yg8U

2. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

Your GF installed the new iVibrator app. Smell your phone. :D

3. foot56 macrumors regular

4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Expect about ten more posts with the same joke.

Anyway, have you tried holding the sleep/wake button and home button at the same time for ten seconds?

5. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Ouch, sorry to hear that. You may just need to wait it out, and if it continues for too long take it to an Apple store. Never heard of this happening before

6. eddy64 macrumors regular

7. cloudberrybrew macrumors regular

+1

8. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

Or maybe its part of Apple's scheme to make the world a happier place? All of our phones may start vibrating uncontrollably today!

9. heyross macrumors newbie

heyross

Mine actually did this randomly on the other day. The phone was on standby (not plugged in) and started to vibrate as if there were an incoming call but screen would not light up. A hard reset stopped it. It's been a few days and all has been fine...

10. Xidane thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried everything. It may sound funny but the screen is black, won't stop vibrating, and the computer doesn't recognize it.

11. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

When you say force restart, do you mean just turning it on and off or holding the sleep/home button down for 10 secs?

If that's not working I'd get it to an Apple store if possible, or call a priest.

Keep us posted.

12. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I laughed.

13. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

Have you tried unplugging it and letting the battery die? Then recharge it and see what happens?

14. Xidane thread starter macrumors newbie

I just charged it to 100%! I texted my friend, unplugged it, put it on bed, then noticed it vibrating... constantly. I've held the sleep and home buttons down for 30 seconds and nothing happens. My computer doesn't recognize it either =(.

15. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Plug it into your computer with iTunes running and hold the buttons for a while. It might be in DFU mode.

16. gilbo macrumors member

i say immediately bring it back to apple and askin tell them u wanted the actually phone, not a the sex toy version

17. Xidane thread starter macrumors newbie

Still won't recognize it after two more attempts. I've held the buttons down since I read your post. It's been vibrating for 50 minutes :|.

18. Ralzy macrumors member

I had this happen on my 3GS its caused when the casing in the upper left corner by the mute switch breaks causing it to trigger the vibration even though the switch isn't actually being toggled.

19. doctordowling macrumors member

Same thing happened to me the day I got my phone. I tried every hard reset possible and nothing worked. I finally had to just let it die. Took about 5 hours of constant vibration. When I woke up the next morning it was fine. I took a video of it when it was vibrating and showed it to the guy at the Genius Bar the next day and after some hassle he gave me a new phone. Make sure you take a video to show them the problem or else they won't believe you!

20. iPadztr macrumors 6502

put it in a good use if you have a gf :D

anyways... try plug it in to pc/mac and hold down the power/home button at the same time of a few seconds..

21. Xidane thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried the force restart countless times. It has now been over an hour and it is still vibrating. I took a 1:50 video showing that it won't restart, won't show up on iTunes, and the actual vibration. I am leaving for class and will post when I get home if it is still vibrating and I will upload the video.

22. iPadztr macrumors 6502

hahaha make sure you wipe your pants when you get home..
    sorry couldnt help it

23. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Happened to my first on. It freaked when a call came in (which i couldn't answer because the screen went black). Holding home and sleep for a while eventually made it stop and reboot.

24. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

This is new functionality actually, when iPhone gets to cold it's starts shaking from the cold, just try to put it somewhere warmer.

Good Luck

25. LimeyBastard macrumors regular